Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Stereo Test And Demonstration record dealers’ letter…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France

Hi alls,

It seems that somewhere in time, when dealers used to give away goodies to their customers, it was this thing:

s-l500

It also seems that it could have been delivered with a letter from the dealer. I think I’ve seen it somewhere in picture but can’t find it anymore.

Does someone around have that letter and be kind enough to send me a (clear, flat) picture of it. Of course if I’m asked about by the intellectual rights brigade, I will deny being in touch with you!           😀

(Of course for private, fetish, display use only.)

Thanks.

KolfMAKER
      SILVER Member
        • The Netherlands

Interested to know more about what this is.

Is it a record, what is on it?

matador
          • Paris France

It’s a “test” record.

It as music tracks to display Hi-Fi quality but also “technical” tracks to adjust turntable settings.

See there and there

So there will be music tracks along with sine tones, white noises, things like that. I don’t know really. But it seems that the letter gives hints on how to use it.

They are many test records of every brand, that one is of course, iconic to us.

Regards.

geoffmartin
          BRONZE Member

I have a couple of these here in the archive in Struer – but I’ve never seen a letter – probably because the ones I have at my desk weren’t from a dealer.

There’s also one from 1980/81 in a white sleeve (issues by Philips for B&O) as well.

Cheers
            -geoff

geoffmartin
            BRONZE Member

Oops… found another one. Black sleeve  from 1975 with a cartoon-ish drawing of a Beogram 4002 tonearm on it. It’s called “Platespillerkurs” – but it’s a course on a vinyl record with an insert – in Norwegian. I guess it was for the dealers to learn about turntables.

A funny thing is that a lot of the information presented in the insert is identical to the stuff in the Beogram 4000c Technical Sound Guide. Then again, not much has changed in 50 years… 😀

square4
              GOLD Member
                • Fredensborg Denmark

I have that test record, about a month ago I actually was looking for it but could not find it.

I will be searching again in the weekend but with 5000 records al over the house it probably will take some time,i let you know if i find it and there is a letter in it.

Henrik.

KolfMAKER
                SILVER Member
                  • The Netherlands

Very interesting @geoffmartin!

Great that you respond to this topic, as you have a lot of access to things. So very much appreciated that you like to share.

Is it possible that you share some pictures of what you describe as white and black sleeve versions?

PS.
                  Is this the Technical Sound Guide you are referring to?

https://tinyurl.com/4a72t56v

square4
                  GOLD Member
                    • Fredensborg Denmark

DSC_0529Found it but no letter.

Henrik.

YannChris
                    FOUNDER Member
                      • Brittany, France

Hi,

This one was used by my father for demos (he was a B&O dealer in the 70’s).

Below all the faces, including tracklists.

IMG_1743(1)IMG_1746IMG_1745(1)IMG_1744(1)

matador
                        • Paris France

Hi Geoff,

The black one is listed on discogs:
                        R-9138564-1478283099-4326

About the white one, I believe I’ve seen a test record with this sleeve design, but I can’t find it. Is this the one you’re referring to?
                        R-10807566-1504635321-3351

Thank you.

matador
                          • Paris France

Found it but no letter. Henrik.

Hi Henrik, thank you for checking.

matador
                            • Paris France

This one was used by my father for demos (he was a B&O dealer in the 70’s). Below all the faces, including tracklists.

Thank you YannChris.
                            I really love this stylus tip graphics.
                            The record as it, as un object is a beautiful thing.

Did you try it?

matador
                              • Paris France

Is this the Technical Sound Guide you are referring to? https://tinyurl.com/4a72t56v

I think it must be that one instead!

KolfMAKER
                              SILVER Member
                                • The Netherlands

Thanks @Matador!

Very interesting document. Thanks for sharing.

YannChris
                                FOUNDER Member
                                  • Brittany, France

This one was used by my father for demos (he was a B&O dealer in the 70’s). Below all the faces, including tracklists.

Thank you YannChris. I really love this stylus tip graphics. The record as it, as un object is a beautiful thing. Did you try it?

Yes, I use the technical side from time to time to check the health of my BG6006 and stylus.

matador
                                    • Paris France

A very sympathetic guy on discogs was selling this record with the accompanying letter.
                                    I asked him if he would agree to send me a shot and very generously, he did!

Unfortunately that was not “the” letter, it was one about Beovox Uniphase.
                                    Not the one I saw on Internet. But it still a funny think and I want to thank that guy again.

I keep googling to find it…

matador
                                      • Paris France

I got my copy yesterday: it’s more orange than the vivd red I thought it gonna be and the sleeve more matt than  YannChris one.

Anyway, it did go into a plastic sleeve protector that does not allow to open the gatefold.

So I compiled the instructions notes into this mini guide. If anybody is interested you just need to print it recto-verso on a plain sheet of paper (A4, but letter should do) and fold it.

Hope this helps…

geoffmartin
                                      BRONZE Member

Sorry. Just dropped in…

@KolfMAKER
                                        : I see that you already got the correct link to the Beogram TGS. No need for me to help there.

@matador
                                        : Yes and Yes on the two LP covers. I’ll ask if it’s okay to upload a scan of the leaflet that’s included with the black-covered disk. I won’t translate it, though… 😀

KolfMAKER
                                        SILVER Member
                                          • The Netherlands

@Matador: thanks for sharing the leaflet!

@Geoffmartin
                                          : check.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.