Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Are “test records” usefull with Beograms?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France

Hi alls,

Our beograms do not have (unless I’m mistaken) a lot of (if any) adjustments beside tracking force. No azimuth, no anti skating, no “whatever it is named I don’t even know what it is”…

Then I wonder if the common “Test records” meant to fine tune a deck are of any use for us?

Dillen

Our beograms do not have (unless I’m mistaken) a lot of (if any) adjustments beside tracking force. No azimuth, no anti skating, no “whatever it is named I don’t even know what it is”…

Eh, what?
        Which model Beogram are you talking about?
        The term azimuth is mainly used with tapedecks, but the angle of the cartridge (rotation and/or parallelism) can be adjusted in many Beogram models.
        So can anti-skating, even if a knob or dial for this is not in direct view.

Test records are good for countless things.
        Many of the following parameters and properties can be checked using
        one or more test records, – and most can be adjusted or manipulated in some way;
        Tonearm height, tonearm parallelism, tonearm rotation, (& tonearm length for tangential models), tracking angle, tracking force, anti-skating, platter speed, wow, flutter, rumble.
        Also general stylus condition, channel separation, distortion, frequency response (stylus and RIAA) etc. can be checked using test records.

Martin

Sia43
        BRONZE Member

Where can I find test-records?

Dillen

You can find test/calibration/alignment records in good shops, on Ebay or f.e. here:
            https://www.discogs.com/search?q=stereo+test%20record&type=all

Note, that test records should not be bought “used” unless you trust the seller.
            If a test record was played using a bad needle, it could be damaged and absolutely worthless.

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.