Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Setting up several components with PL/ML/RCA

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Setting up several components with PL/ML/RCA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marburger
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

Hello,

I bought a bunch of B&O components and I’m trying to set them up correctly. Unfortunately there were not all cables included so I want to make sure everything works out as I imagine, before buying the missing cables. In detail I got a:
      -BeoCenter 6-26
      -BeoCenter 2300
      -a pair Beolab 6000
      -BeoLink Converter 1611
      and I want to connect a “modern” Satellite-Set-Top-Box via HDMI->DVI cable.

1. When I connect the BeoCenter 6-26, BeoCenter 2300 and both Beolab 6000 via PowerLink I should be able to hear CD and Radio from the BC 2300 on both BL 6000 and also my TV audio from the BeoCenter 6-26, correct?!
        In my situation I would wire them the following way (PLC – PowerLink Cable):
        BL 6000 (left) —- PLC —- BC 2300 —- PLC —- BL 6000 (right) —- PLC —- BC 6-26
      2. I already tried out the HDMI-DVI connection from my STB to the BC 6-26 and this is running flawlessly. But obviously without audio.
        Now I’m thinking how to get the audio signal from the STB (2x RCA) to the BC 6-26. I got the Beolink Converter 1611 and as far as I understand I could use the AUDIO AUX LINK on the Converter to input the RCA signal and connect it via Masterlink to the BC 6-26, right?!
        This would look like this (MLC – Masterlink cable):
        STB —- RCA to AUX —- Beolink Converter —- MLC —- BC 6-26

Now my final question would be if the connection sheme #2 works out, will I also be able to hear the audio from the STB on the pair of BL 6000? Or should I use the PowerLink port on the Beolink Converter in that case? Should or do I have to drop the Masterlink connection to the BC 6-26 in that case?

Thank you for your responses

Regards

Konrad

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,233

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

You need to connect the Beolab speakers to either the TV or the BC2300 but not both.  Let’s assume initially that you decide to connect them to the BC2300.

The Beolink Converter allows you to connect the BC6-26 to the BC2300 so that you can chose to hear TV audio through the BC2300 and vice versa.  To use this, connect the TV by Masterlink cable to the 1611 converter, and then connect a 7-pin DIN to DIN cable between the 1611’s AAL socket and the BC2300’s AUX socket.

Once you have done this, the TV and BC2300 need to be in the correct Option Settings.  You need the TV in V.OPT 1 and the BC2300 in A.OPT 1.  Let me now what remote you have and I will tell you how to set this up.

The best way to get the hdmi audio into the BC6-26 is to use an hdmi audio extractor, as explained here: https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/hdmi-connection-for-beovision-7-mk1/#post-1707

EDIT:  Sorry I didn’t notice that your STB has an analogue RCA output!  You should be able to connect this straight to your BC6-26 red/white audio input sockets (labelled AV3).  This assumes that your STB can output hdmi and analogue audio at the same time.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,233

If as an alternative you connect the Beolab speakers to the TV’s Powerlink socket, then you need to add a powerlink cable between one of the the BC2300’s Powerlink sockets and the 1611 converter’s Powerlink socket.  In this case, you would want the TV to be in V.OPT 2 and the BC2300 to be in A.OPT 0.

marburger
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 3
            Guy wrote:
            Let’s assume initially that you decide to connect them to the BC2300. The Beolink Converter allows you to connect the BC6-26 to the BC2300 so that you can chose to hear TV audio through the BC2300 and vice versa. To use this, connect the TV by Masterlink cable to the 1611 converter, and then connect a 7-pin DIN to DIN cable between the 1611’s AAL socket and the BC2300’s AUX socket. Once you have done this, the TV and BC2300 need to be in the correct Option Settings. You need the TV in V.OPT 1 and the BC2300 in A.OPT 1.

Thank you. That sounds promising!

Guy wrote:
            Let me now what remote you have and I will tell you how to set this up.

I have a Beo4 with DTV, V.MEM and A.MEM

Guy wrote:
            You should be able to connect this straight to your BC6-26 red/white audio input sockets (labelled AV3). This assumes that your STB can output hdmi and analogue audio at the same time.

I have to check that, but I’m quite sure this should work!

Guy wrote:
            If as an alternative you connect the Beolab speakers to the TV’s Powerlink socket, then you need to add a powerlink cable between one of the the BC2300’s Powerlink sockets and the 1611 converter’s Powerlink socket. In this case, you would want the TV to be in V.OPT 2 and the BC2300 to be in A.OPT 0.

would audio on the BL6000 from the BC2300 work in this case if the TV is off and only the 1611 powered?

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 14
              • Total Posts 1,233

I have a Beo4 with DTV, V.MEM and A.MEM

OK, so Option setting:

Turn TV and BC2300 to standby/off.

For BC2300: On the Beo4, press the POWER button and LIST together. Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show A.OPT. Then press 1. The power light on the BC2300 blinks to show that it has been accepted.

For TV: On the Beo4, press the POWER button and LIST together. Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show V.OPT. Then press 1. The power light on the TV blinks to show that it has been accepted.

would audio on the BL6000 from the BC2300 work in this case if the TV is off and only the 1611 powered?

If in V.OPT 2 (with BC2300 in A.OPT 0) the TV will turn on without the screen (effectively it will receive the IR commands and route the audio to the speakers.)

marburger
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 3

If in V.OPT 2 (with BC2300 in A.OPT 0) the TV will turn on without the screen (effectively it will receive the IR commands and route the audio to the speakers.)

Thank you very much. I will need some time to test everything and set it up but I will definately come back when succesfull!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Setting up several components with PL/ML/RCA

• You must be logged in to create new topics.