Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoWorld Feature / Problem Search on archived forums

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mexking
    BRONZE Member
      • Mexico city

Searching for old threads on the archived forum comes up with no result on every search

mexking
      BRONZE Member
        • Mexico city

When going to Workbench forum in 2007-2012 archived no problems, when going to workbench 2012-2022 archived I get 404 failure

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark

I have also noticed this, but in my experience Google is also great for finding threads on the archived forums, so that be an option until a fix is done

Multicare
          GOLD Member
            • Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I assume the search function used to work prior to the site transfer?
            There should have been no changes of the archived sites but I will look into this.

mexking
            BRONZE Member
              • Mexico city

Search on the old forums worked like a charm

Madskp
              GOLD Member
                • Denmark

I can also confirm that it worked before the transfer

Rolf2
                GOLD Member
                  • Germany

Hi, just want to ask about the status? I would really appreciate a working search in the archived forums, thanks.

kind regards,

Rolf

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK

Sorry but I don’t know the answer, hence will let Multicare respond.

However, in the meantime, you can use your normal search engine (eg Google) and type in the search bar as follows:

For earliest forum: ‘Beosound 3000 site:archivedforum.beoworld.org’

For later forum: ‘Beosound 3000 site:archivedforum2.beoworld.org’

Obviously replace ‘Beosound 3000’ with your specific search!

I hope this helps in the meantime.

Multicare
                    GOLD Member
                      • Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

search in the archived forums

Hi, we do have this in the issue tracker, there are a couple of items just above.
                      We will get on it as soon as possible

use your normal search engine

Thanks Guy 😎

Rolf2
                      GOLD Member
                        • Germany

Mark, Guy,

thank you for responding. I am aware of the Google option. However, searching the archived forum in Beoworld, one does not have to leave the platform, it is more convenient, at least for me. And it worked well.

Btw., finally renewed my gold membership. Thanks a lot for your support and that you keep Beoworld alive and running.

Kind regards,

Rolf

Rolf2
                        GOLD Member
                          • Germany

Ah, one thing to mention: I appreciate the possibility of various payment methods, e. g. PayPal. I seem to remember that before the change, it has only been possible via credit card?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.