sales & discounts announcements

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions sales & discounts announcements

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    trackbeo
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 205

If you’re in the U.K. amazon.co.uk is currently offering the aluminum/black Beosound Level for £749.99, in-stock, and the black Beosound Balance for £1399.99, 3-left as of June 16, 2022.  That discount actually seems reasonable, 30-something percent, based off the prices *before* yesterday’s price hike.  They also have the A9 4gen black at 1899.99 which is only 20% off.  (Amazon doesn’t say explicitly, like in their USA listings, but pretty sure these are non-GVA versions because… Alexa.)

[Update: Ended. (sometime late June 17)]

moxxey
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 17

Q: Does this A9 have Google Assistant?
        Answer: No. 

You’re right, it’s so hard to find if these Amazon-sold B&O products have GVA, luckily some of the answers and reviews say it does not.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy a non-GVA version myself. I’m so used to shouting to the BS2 to tell it to change volume, switch radio stations and so much more. No clue why anyone would want to reach to a device to have to do that manually.

trackbeo
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 205

In the USA, thru June 30, 2022, 20% off any one Beosound Level or Balance, using code “BESTSELLER20” at checkout from the website.  Depending on which device & color, that’s $50-100 less than amazon.com sold them for, last year.  Not as good as importing a Level from the U.K. last week, but if you were planning to buy (say) a white marble Balance anyway,…

(Note: The footnotes say the code is “unique to you” but it isn’t, of course.  Also right now if you add a pair of items to your cart they both get discounted.)

Stan
            • Topics Started 18
            • Total Posts 137

I just ordered a Balance with the US sales code.  I almost bought one a few times over the years, but with the most recent price hike, I thought it may finally be out of reach.  20% brought it down below the price I last almost bought it so why not?  Let’s hope I like it.

Mbee
              • Topics Started 6
              • Total Posts 51

I bought a Level at £749, it cost me 892€ after all import tax for France. Nice price. It’s the non GVA version. I had read somewhere (surely here) that there was something more in a non-GVA compared to GVA but I can’t remember!

Stan
                • Topics Started 18
                • Total Posts 137

At least with the Balance, the GVA version cannot distribute line-in audio to Multi-Room.  I’d assume the same for the Level given they are both Mozart.

Gaea
                  • Netherlands
                  • Topics Started 9
                  • Total Posts 46

No way I’d buy a GVA speaker.

I don’t want speakers that are listening 24/7 what is going on in the house.

Just like many people

There’s a switch at the bottom to turn off the microphone, but then the software is still there.

Nothing against stretching my arm to turn a volume wheel or touch a preset button.

That’s just the charm of having a Beosound 5, 9000, Moment, Beogram etc. to operate it on the device itself.

Sandyb
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 293

agreed, and the argument that you may already have a device or two that is capable of listening (i.e your phone) is not an argument for bringing in a bunch more.

Especially one based on a Google platform.

Mbee
                      • Topics Started 6
                      • Total Posts 51

By the way… Do you know if the plug part of the Level power outlet can be bought somewhere ? I have a UK plug and need a EU plug…

trackbeo
                        • Topics Started 8
                        • Total Posts 205

Not an answer, but here’s what I was planning to do:

The plug part comes in a little white cardboard box, stuffed into the perf-ed slot in the corrugated.  That has a part number on it.  I was planning to ask my dealer to look it up, then plus/minus-1 to see if the other countries were sequential part#s.  Then is that part actually orderable, separately from the power supply as an assembly?

After that, harder would be looking for another OEM of Dee Van Enterprise Co. Ltd. DSA-45PDH.  But when google didn’t come up with anything, I just decided to let it stick out of the wall farther on a crummy $6 adapter plug!  Unaesthetic, but hey, the original U.K. plug is pretty clunky all by itself!  Maybe I could spray the adapter Forest Brown…

Mbee
                          • Topics Started 6
                          • Total Posts 51

thanks trackbeo,

In fact I don’t need this adapter as I’m charging the Level either with an Anker 521 charger (which does the job perfectly (45W is enough), has 2 outputs and is 2x more compact than the B&O charger, either with my Lenovo PC USB-C charger! But I’ll be glad to be able to use this charger as another USB-C “charge everything” charger for my home.

trackbeo
                            • Topics Started 8
                            • Total Posts 205

B&O is discounting the H95 Nordic Ice by 30% on their website.  Enter code “BEOPLAYH9530” in cart.  Thru 7/31/2022.  Supposedly only 1 product purchase, supposedly US/Canada only.

moxxey
                              • Topics Started 1
                              • Total Posts 17

SportPursuit was offering 50% off a range of B&O products recently – I bought a pair of HX for £244.

trackbeo
                                • Topics Started 8
                                • Total Posts 205

Now thru 8/5/2022 B&O is reprising (see above) their “BESTSELLER20” website item sale 20% off Level or Balance (USA & Canada).

Curly
                                  • Topics Started 8
                                  • Total Posts 54

Apparently, raising prices and then offering sales more frequently is the new marketing strategy.

Two sales in two months, basically… And not during end-of-year holidays…

trackbeo
                                    • Topics Started 8
                                    • Total Posts 205

Beosound A1 2nd-gen available at verizon.com for USD 150.  Black and grey only, while supplies last.  That’s a decent price; wish I wanted a Bluetooth speaker:

https://www.verizon.com/products/bang-and-olufsen-beosound-a1-2nd-gen-portable-bluetooth-speaker-with-voice-assist/

Notes: (i) amazon.com has not-quite-so-good prices, $205 for black and $181 for grey. (ii) These resellers’ website “discount percentages” are all calculated from $250, i.e. before the most-recent 10% gratuitous price increase, as @Curly alludes to above.  (iii) Verizon is just getting rid of A1 from its line-up.  [EDIT: [[Those of you who remember the Verizon-custom (fewer drivers) Beosound Stage will notice it’s no longer available.]] back on Verizon’s website again, $999 as usual.]  Looks like they are keeping the Explore, Level, and Beolit 20, which remain at (pre-gratuitous-increase) list prices of $199, $1499, & $529 respectively.

[Edit: sale ended August 31.  They did keep the product (back at $250) on the website.]

trackbeo
                                      • Topics Started 8
                                      • Total Posts 205

In the USA & Canada, Beoplay EQ have a 25% discount, code “BEOPLAYEQ25”, on the company website, thru August 14. [Edit: extended thru 8/18]

trackbeo
                                        • Topics Started 8
                                        • Total Posts 205

H95 in light pink (OK, “Nordic Ice”) are 25% off thru 8/18 — in USA/CA at least while supplies last, because they are out of stock in UK & EU.  (Not as good as their 30% code discount last month, but available to all; maybe they don’t think they need to give up the extra 45 bucks to sell thru the straggler stock.)

trackbeo
                                          • Topics Started 8
                                          • Total Posts 205

H95 in “Nordic Ice” is now 35% off thru 9/12 — USA/CA only, website only, code “FLASHSALE”.  Code also temporarily rolls back some gratuitous recent price increases by modest discounts on Beolit (18%), Level in alu/black (20%), and any Stage (10%).  (The speaker colors which were also available sold-by amazon.com reflect the same prices today.)

Curly
                                            • Topics Started 8
                                            • Total Posts 54

Thank you for posting this. For some reason, I did not receive the email announcement from B&O so I appreciated finding this here, Trackbeo.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds