sales & discounts announcements

• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Mbee.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    trackbeo
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 48

If you’re in the U.K. amazon.co.uk is currently offering the aluminum/black Beosound Level for £749.99, in-stock, and the black Beosound Balance for £1399.99, 3-left as of June 16, 2022.  That discount actually seems reasonable, 30-something percent, based off the prices *before* yesterday’s price hike.  They also have the A9 4gen black at 1899.99 which is only 20% off.  (Amazon doesn’t say explicitly, like in their USA listings, but pretty sure these are non-GVA versions because… Alexa.)

[Update: Ended. (sometime late June 17)]

moxxey
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 8

Q: Does this A9 have Google Assistant?
    Answer: No. 

You’re right, it’s so hard to find if these Amazon-sold B&O products have GVA, luckily some of the answers and reviews say it does not.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy a non-GVA version myself. I’m so used to shouting to the BS2 to tell it to change volume, switch radio stations and so much more. No clue why anyone would want to reach to a device to have to do that manually.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by moxxey.
    trackbeo
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 48

In the USA, thru June 30, 2022, 20% off any one Beosound Level or Balance, using code “BESTSELLER20” at checkout from the website.  Depending on which device & color, that’s $50-100 less than amazon.com sold them for, last year.  Not as good as importing a Level from the U.K. last week, but if you were planning to buy (say) a white marble Balance anyway,…

(Note: The footnotes say the code is “unique to you” but it isn’t, of course.  Also right now if you add a pair of items to your cart they both get discounted.)

Stan
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 24

I just ordered a Balance with the US sales code.  I almost bought one a few times over the years, but with the most recent price hike, I thought it may finally be out of reach.  20% brought it down below the price I last almost bought it so why not?  Let’s hope I like it.

Mbee
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 13

I bought a Level at £749, it cost me 892€ after all import tax for France. Nice price. It’s the non GVA version. I had read somewhere (surely here) that there was something more in a non-GVA compared to GVA but I can’t remember!

Stan
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 24

At least with the Balance, the GVA version cannot distribute line-in audio to Multi-Room.  I’d assume the same for the Level given they are both Mozart.

Gaea
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 8

No way I’d buy a GVA speaker.

I don’t want speakers that are listening 24/7 what is going on in the house.

Just like many people

There’s a switch at the bottom to turn off the microphone, but then the software is still there.

Nothing against stretching my arm to turn a volume wheel or touch a preset button.

That’s just the charm of having a Beosound 5, 9000, Moment, Beogram etc. to operate it on the device itself.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Gaea.
    Sandyb
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 0
    • Total Posts 12

agreed, and the argument that you may already have a device or two that is capable of listening (i.e your phone) is not an argument for bringing in a bunch more.

Especially one based on a Google platform.

Mbee
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 13

By the way… Do you know if the plug part of the Level power outlet can be bought somewhere ? I have a UK plug and need a EU plug…

trackbeo
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 48

Not an answer, but here’s what I was planning to do:

The plug part comes in a little white cardboard box, stuffed into the perf-ed slot in the corrugated.  That has a part number on it.  I was planning to ask my dealer to look it up, then plus/minus-1 to see if the other countries were sequential part#s.  Then is that part actually orderable, separately from the power supply as an assembly?

After that, harder would be looking for another OEM of Dee Van Enterprise Co. Ltd. DSA-45PDH.  But when google didn’t come up with anything, I just decided to let it stick out of the wall farther on a crummy $6 adapter plug!  Unaesthetic, but hey, the original U.K. plug is pretty clunky all by itself!  Maybe I could spray the adapter Forest Brown…

Mbee
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 13

thanks trackbeo,

In fact I don’t need this adapter as I’m charging the Level either with an Anker 521 charger (which does the job perfectly (45W is enough), has 2 outputs and is 2x more compact than the B&O charger, either with my Lenovo PC USB-C charger! But I’ll be glad to be able to use this charger as another USB-C “charge everything” charger for my home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.