Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Remote – Using Multiple B&O Devices (only) in Same Room

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Remote – Using Multiple B&O Devices (only) in Same Room

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    84Lambo
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Hi. Is there a way to control different B&O audio (only) products in the same area with a Beo4 without activating them all at the same time? For instance, if I want to use the CD on my Beosound 9000—-my Beosound Century, my Beosysten 2500 and my Beosound 1 all turn on at the same time. Is there anyway to program each B&O (only) audio device (only) without turning on another source in close proximity of each other. Perhaps I should say control different B&O audio devices to operate separately.

Note – I don’t care about “non-B&O” products and I don’t care about nonsense like B&O “TVs”, “lighting”, “Bluetooth”, etc. made by other companies for B&O. This subjects is covered extensively on Forums. I have no idea why as B&O means audio! I also don’t get why anyone would ever care to use their “non-intuitive” (sorry, I love B&O) Beo4 remote on a non-Beo device when it is arguably the worst remote control device ever designed but I digress.

Can anyone help?

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,233

Welcome to Beoworld!

Several options will move you in the right direction:

Use a Range Reducer – see here: http://www.beo4.faithweb.com/

If you have a Beo4 Navi, you can reduce the IR output.

You can also put devices in A.OPT 0, where they will not respond to any remote control.

You can also put some (not all) devices in A.OPT 4, where you have to select/press LINK on your Beo4 before pressing further commands.

See your Beo4 and/or device manuals for details of how to set A.OPT options, and for details of how to add the LINK function to the LIST button of Beo4.

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 34
          • Total Posts 795

Thats a tough one.

The BS9000 (and maybe the BS2500) can probably be set to option 4 where it only accept commands when Link is pressed before the command.

Also if acceptable some units could be set to option 0 where they do not react to the remote and therefor only have local control.

Another option is  a plastic cower (I dont know what the real naming gor it is) to reduce the IR signal strenght of the BEO4

84Lambo
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 2

Thanks Guy. Appreciate the response! A range reducer is interesting. The option buttons are a little cumbersome. What about later remotes? Anyway to program devices individually or is that problematic due to when they were designed? Obviously, electronics have evolved over time.

Thoughts? Or, is this just not possible? Again, thanks on the range limiter suggestion. I will investigate this.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark
              • Topics Started 21
              • Total Posts 1,038

I’d say….if you want a convenient solution, you can have 2 devices controlled.
              As already noted, one must be in Option 4 (means pushing the Link butoon before the actual sorce button.

All other devices must be in Option 0 and will then have to be contolled manually on the device.

This ‘problem’ has been solved with the newer devices and the Beoremote One/bt, as each device can be adressed individually from one remote.

MM

Luc
              GOLD Member
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 24

Just to complete the list: a MasterLink Gateway is also an option (if…)

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark
                  • Topics Started 34
                  • Total Posts 795

Just to complete the list: a MasterLink Gateway is also an option (if

Even though I am not sure of the capabilities of the MLGW it will not be able to do anything for the BS1 and the Century

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Remote – Using Multiple B&O Devices (only) in Same Room

• You must be logged in to create new topics.