Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Random eBay Stuff

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted eBay – the right way! Random eBay Stuff

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK
      • Topics Started 14
      • Total Posts 1,233

Some of you may have seen my thread about cleaning up an eBay purchase BL1000 and Video Terminal here: https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/what-are-you-working-on-now/page/3/#post-20831

As part of the same eBay ‘win’ came a few other bits and pieces:

Firstly, what I now know (from Google) is a ‘Transcriptor Sweep Arm’ – read all about it here:  https://www.transcriptors.audio/accessories/

I think mine has been modified so that it can either stand alone or slot into a space on a particular turntable.  I was quite surprised at the new price – and very surprised to read somewhere that the brush may be squirrel hair!

IMG_6949

IMG_6950

Secondly an unknown cable which I presume is an antenna of some kind – possibly B&O?  It has a single square connector on one end.

IMG_6951

IMG_6952

It’s always quite fun when you are not quite sure what you are buying and it turns out to be something of interest ?

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,233

Almost forgot – also included was this piece of paper that I have seen before but never really studied, showing differences between the Mk2 and Mk3 BL1000.

I have photographed both sides of the guide to show the interesting thing (to me, anyway!) – that the BL1000 Mk2 was subtly different in the North American market.

If you are still awake and remotely (?) interested, I’ll let you spot the difference!

IMG_6953

IMG_6954

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 34
          • Total Posts 795

If you are still awake and remotely (?) interested, I’ll let you spot the difference!

ABC instead of TEXT? Whatever ABC is?

trackbeo
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 247

Differences, plural.  “ABC” is just some iconographer’s method of signifying text.  But also Euro “SAT” got turned into N.A. “MENU”.

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 14
              • Total Posts 1,233

ABC instead of TEXT? Whatever ABC is?

Yes strange, and maps across to >> on the Mk3. So on the N.American Mk2 do both ABC and >> send the same command? It’s unusual for B&O to duplicate functions.

Also the N.American one has a MENU button in lieu of SAT (as just mentioned by trackbeo!)

trackbeo
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 6
                • Total Posts 247

So on the N.American Mk2 do both ABC and >> send the same command?

Nope, at least not to a BeoCenter 9500: >> fast-forwards, and ABC does nothing. But SHIFT-ABC seems to do the same thing as the “Programming” touch control.  [Edit: ABC does send something. because the dot on a BeoMaster 7000 blinks.]

P.S.  That “Transcriptor Sweep Arm” was a fancy substitute for the old Watts “Dust Bug”.  Supposedly one could hear the front nylon bristles of a Dust Bug scraping away (so the following velvet roller could pick up the dislodged crud better) — thru the stylus & cartridge!

Guy
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Total Posts 1,233

Nope, at least not to a BeoCenter 9500: >> fast-forwards, and ABC does nothing. But SHIFT-ABC seems to do the same thing as the “Programming” touch control.

Thanks – so SHIFT ABC behaves differently to MENU (Shift TEXT being MENU on the non N.American one without a MENU button)?

That “Transcriptor Sweep Arm” was a fancy substitute for the old Watts “Dust Bug”.  Supposedly one could hear the front nylon bristles of a Dust Bug scraping away (so the following velvet roller could pick up the dislodged crud better) — thru the stylus & cartridge!

Thanks – these fancy turntable accessories are a whole new world of learning!

trackbeo
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 6
                    • Total Posts 247

Sorry, you’re correct: SHIFT-ABC is the same as MENU (either activates the “Programming” touch control on the 9500).

Dillen
                      • Topics Started 3
                      • Total Posts 590

The “lead” is what remains of an original indoor AM antenna.
                      In reality merely a plug with a 3m lead.

Here, most of the plug has gone missing, leaving only the lead and the pin.

Martin

Guy
                        • Warwickshire, UK
                        • Topics Started 14
                        • Total Posts 1,233

The “lead” is what remains of an original indoor AM antenna.
                        In reality merely a plug with a 3m lead.

Here, most of the plug has gone missing, leaving only yhe lead and the pin.

Thanks Martin – in that case I will put it in a box with my other AM antennas! ?

EDIT: Thanks for the photo. I just went to said box (actually a tin) and found that exact antenna complete with plug, albeit not in a bag. So why do some of my other AM antennas (possibly not B&O) also have a wire connected to the second (earth?) pin?

EDIT 2: I think it may be because the others are actually FM antennas??

EDIT 3: I think this useful page answers most of my questions!  https://technical.beoworld.org/Aerial/default.asp

Guy
                          • Warwickshire, UK
                          • Topics Started 14
                          • Total Posts 1,233

An interesting ‘mash up’ of a BeoCenter 2000 from an eBay shop aptly named ‘all sorts’:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235178702242

matador
                            • Paris France
                            • Topics Started 47
                            • Total Posts 728

As a moderator I need to remove your post before Dillen sees it!

Apart from that, I find the look of it totally cool: So “James Bond”!

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted eBay – the right way! Random eBay Stuff

• You must be logged in to create new topics.