Pin codes

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Millemissen
    BRONZE Member
      • Flensborg————Danmark
      • Topics Started 21
      • Total Posts 1,044

The PIN codes can easily be deactivated in the setup menu of both tv’s.
      If they are both working for time being, just deactivate….and activate again after the reset.
      Imo there is no need for a PIN these days for these old tv’s – but that is up to you to decide.

If you do not have the PIN code (and can not turn on the tv), the only way is to get a Master PIN code from a dealer.
      Hereafter you can give it a PIN of your own choice….if neeeded.

MM

stotty1111
      GOLD Member
        • Topics Started 15
        • Total Posts 73

I have a BV10-32  which I do not have a pin code for, it boots up ok and I use a non joystick Beo 4 I recall several years ago with a bv 7-40 I had to reset the pincode with a joystick job.

Is this the case with the BV10-32? who can I contact to obtain the original pin from, obviously I have the serial no etc!

Pm me with a response as I do not want o comprise the security systems!!

I also have a BV7-32 that i wish to do a factory reset on, will this compromise its current pin as I do not know if it is the factory code again by pm please!!

stotty1111
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 15
          • Total Posts 73

Ok, tried the suggested route,  load tv setup page press left hand double arrows twice followed by stop, should get to a pin code page, mine does not do this, just goes back to tv screen,

what am i doing wrong,

I am using a non joystick Beo4

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 21
            • Total Posts 1,044

Anyone with a BV10-32 at home….please comment!

MM

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 14
              • Total Posts 1,238

Anyone with a BV10-32 at home….please comment!

MM

I wanted to, but can’t find a PIN code menu or entry method anywhere on my BV10-32, or in any of the manuals!

EDIT: But if I have time tomorrow I’ll dig out a Navi remote and try again.

stotty1111
              GOLD Member
                • Topics Started 15
                • Total Posts 73

Sorry to have confused you all, I’m trying to remove the pin code on a bv7-32, the code on the 10-32 is already non existant!

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark
                  • Topics Started 21
                  • Total Posts 1,044

@Guy
                  Oh sorry, my bad ?

It really is about the 7-32.

All I found was this….

IMG_0819
                  ….but that does not seem to work with the 7-32 of Stotty.

There might be differences in the different versions of that tv.
                  It is too long ago that I had to deal with those BV….I do not remember anymore.

MM

Tignum
                  GOLD Member
                    • Netherlands
                    • Topics Started 8
                    • Total Posts 365

Hello, on my 7-32 9331 it just works as described, using a normal ‘GO’ Beo4:

20240110_080036

When seeing the above screen I press << << STOP and I get the screen here below.

20240110_080108

Hope this helps. Johan

9_LEE
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Eastbourne England
                      • Topics Started 13
                      • Total Posts 46

J0han is of course correct. Left, Left, Stop works on quite a few products. Usually when highlighting over the Options tab on the TV’s.

Lee

Guy
                        • Warwickshire, UK
                        • Topics Started 14
                        • Total Posts 1,238

BV10-32 never had provision for a PIN code as far as im aware..in that respect it differed from the rest of the BV10 series.

Thanks for that – I will stop looking! ?

stotty1111
                        GOLD Member
                          • Topics Started 15
                          • Total Posts 73

Ok, thanks for all the info etc, just tried again with the options highlighted on both tv and dtv, using both Beo4 and also joystick Beo4 pushing left arrow x 2 then stop just returns to the tv and dtv screens.

I am wanting to reset the tv to default settings in the hidden menu, if i select this option, is it going to reset the pin pin code to factory setting? I do not know if my code is a user choice, assuming of course the pin code could be reset originally.

I want to do this as I am having problems setting up the tv to operate with a satellite box connected to an AV scart and the supposed dtv system will not tune any digital (TNT) stuff!

altist
                          GOLD Member
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 6

BV10-32 never had provision for a PIN code as far as im aware..in that respect it differed from the rest of the BV10 series.

stotty1111
                            GOLD Member
                              • Topics Started 15
                              • Total Posts 73

BUMP

No suggestions then?

Guy
                                • Warwickshire, UK
                                • Topics Started 14
                                • Total Posts 1,238

I can’t find the ‘reset to default’ details in the BV7 service manual, hence can only guess that the pin code wouldn’t be changed based upon my experience with other TVs.  For example, in the BV6-26 Service Manual under ‘Reset to Default’ it specifically states ‘The PIN-code setup is not changed’.  I would expect B&O to embrace a similar methodology for newer models.

However, to be on the safe side perhaps you could explain the setup problems that you are having with satellite, SCART and the DTV system and we will try to help.  The first thing I would check is whether the built-in digital receiver is capable of receiving the current (French?) TNT broadcasts.  If they are are DVB-T2 then older B&O DVB-T receivers will not pick them up.

The SCART connected satellite receiver arrangement may be different – what’s the problem specifically?

stotty1111
                                GOLD Member
                                  • Topics Started 15
                                  • Total Posts 73

Ok, now got it working on V aux , v aux2 and pc thus making the tv, dtv buttons obselete on the beo 4 —  I recall that the buttons could not be reasigned , ie V aux ->  dtv etc  —  is that correct?

I will try the output of the TNT box into the aerial sockets to chech if the output is readable by the tv  —  any idea(s)?

Millemissen
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Flensborg————Danmark
                                    • Topics Started 21
                                    • Total Posts 1,044

I will try the output of the TNT box into the aerial sockets to chech if the output is readable by the tv — any idea(s)?

If you connect a device via the scart connection, must activate the used port (e.g. V.Aux according to how it is setup).
                                    The builtin tuner of the tv/the aerial is not used here.
                                    The antenna must be connected to the device/the TNT box itself (antenna in).
                                    You control that with the remote that came with it.

MM

stotty1111
                                    GOLD Member
                                      • Topics Started 15
                                      • Total Posts 73

Thanks for that, I acquired the documentation for the set last week, and sorting thro’ them yesterday it would appear that the DVB module fitted is the ‘T’ variant, the tv was originally supplied in 2009, and, has only had one owner!  All the docs are in french, can you supply links to english versions? My technical french is not good!

So, I assume that is the reason for the digital tuner not working.

Said digital tuner handbook indicates that it could be pin related  and there is a suggestion that it should be the same as the tv one.

The other problem is

I am wanting to connect a satellite box, a french terestrial box and a computer, the pc by the dvi, the other 2 by scart, when using av1 and 2 there is no option for to call up appropriate id’s, they are;

connections

av1    stb  v aux

av2   decoder

av3    none

av4    dvi i  pc

I have tried setting all to none and restarting things, all to no avail  —  I must be doing something wrong along the line.

I just thought default back to factory might give me a clean sheet to recommence so to speak!

Guy
                                        • Warwickshire, UK
                                        • Topics Started 14
                                        • Total Posts 1,238

All the docs are in french, can you supply links to english versions? My technical french is not good! So, I assume that is the reason for the digital tuner not working. Said digital tuner handbook indicates that it could be pin related  and there is a suggestion that it should be the same as the tv one.

The FAQ section of this site has a document regarding the DVB-T module that was fitted to several TVs including the BV7-32. There’s no mention of a separate PIN code for the module so I’d be surprised if this was the case, unless it’s a ‘parental lock’ pin to filter co tent for minors.  FAQ document is here:  https://beoworld.org/faq/DVB-T%20Upgrade%20Module%20FAQ.pdf

av1    stb  v aux

av2   decoder

av3    none

av4    dvi i  pc

If that’s what the Connections menu is currently displaying then you should be able to select AV1 using V.AUX (from Beo4 LIST) or SHIFT TV (using BL1000). AV4 should be selected using PC (from Beo4 LIST) or SHIFT STORE (using BL1000). ‘Decoder’ is not selectable from the remote, but would tell the TV tuner to use the ‘Decoder’ input if TV channels had been set up (in the tuning menu) to say that they need a decoder.

If you highlight the connections (AV1 etc) and press GO, can you not amend what is there using the arrow keys on the remote?  If not, are you sure that the remote is otherwise working? (especially GO and arrow keys).

Otherwise I am running out of ideas other than an in depth read of the BV7-32 user manuals available on this site (and B&O’s support pages).

Guy
                                          • Warwickshire, UK
                                          • Topics Started 14
                                          • Total Posts 1,238

I recall that the buttons could not be reasigned , ie V aux ->  dtv etc  —  is that correct?

On some newer TVs you can turnoff the internal tuner (digital and/or analogue) which ‘frees up’ the TV button to be assigned to another input. I don’t think this is possible on the BV7-32, but the DTV source should be selectable to be assigned to one of the inputs in the TV’s connections menu (i.e instead of V.AUX).

stotty1111
                                          GOLD Member
                                            • Topics Started 15
                                            • Total Posts 73

Thanks for that suggestion Guy, have supposedly looked to no avail!

Thanks all for your inputs, a wonderful resource!

Now all set up and working, its been a longtime since I did the original system setup and the memory grows dim  ;-(

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          • You must be logged in to create new topics.