Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Pays to take more photos mystery part?Beocenter 9500

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Pays to take more photos mystery part?Beocenter 9500

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lightitup
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 18

Hello BEO team help required finally replaced belts and rubbers in Tape Cassette, but unit has been apart for some time I have a foam stepped washer that for the life of me has no obvious home?16560291948072761056940442542552

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,233

Are you sure that it’s from the Beocenter and not another project?  I don’t recognise it from having dismantled mine (but I have the earlier single-belt tape deck) and I can’t see anything similar in the Service Manual’s limited exploded parts diagram.

lightitup
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 18

yeah that is a possibility I do have some Penta 1s apart  and (two cats?) but was pretty random as there’s a slight indented in the chassis for the tape pulley that in fits perfectly into, put obviously can’t go there.

thanks heaps as I always say, if you can put back together with less parts, you’re better than the design engineer ?

I’ll have look at some manuals,  it does fit here but serving no purpose that I can see.16561058081702181012168536772100

lightitup
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 18

yeah that is a possibility I do have some Penta 1s apart  and (two cats?) but was pretty random as there’s a slight indented in the chassis for the tape pulley that in fits perfectly into, put obviously can’t go there.

thanks heaps as I always say, if you can put back together with less parts, you’re better than the design engineer ?

I’ll have look at some manuals,  it does fit here but serving no purpose that I can see. Thanks Guy16561058081702181012168536772100

trackbeo
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 6
              • Total Posts 247

Talking through my hat here, but that part *looks* like a mounting shock bumper:  A narrow bolt/machine screw goes down into the whole thing thru the bottom (narrow) hole, tightening a flat metal washer which fits (stops at) the middle hole/shelf.  Having now attached this bumper to the chassis, the top (largest) hole either supports a flat board that is affixed elsewise, or has an inverted screw on it, which slumps into the upper indent/saucer.  Or invert it, if you have a screw fitting into an upper board or chassis part that rests on a base: it’s a rubber foot that can be firmly fitted to one item but without squishing the whole thing making it pointless.  The key will be whether you also have an extra screw & washer lying around!?!

P.S.  Just looked at your newer pic; not sure I would ever rest a mechanical part onto a (flexy) circuit board, thus agree with you that doesn’t look right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCenter Pays to take more photos mystery part?Beocenter 9500

• You must be logged in to create new topics.