Pays to take more photos mystery partšŸ˜”Beocenter 9500

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Pays to take more photos mystery partšŸ˜”Beocenter 9500

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lightitup
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 18

Hello BEO team help required finally replaced belts and rubbers in Tape Cassette, but unit has been apart for some time I have a foam stepped washer that for the life of me has no obvious home?16560291948072761056940442542552

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

Are you sure that it’s from the Beocenter and not another project?Ā  I don’t recognise it from having dismantled mine (but I have the earlier single-belt tape deck) and I can’t see anything similar in the Service Manual’s limited exploded parts diagram.

lightitup
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 18

yeah that is a possibility I do have some Penta 1s apartĀ  and (two catsšŸ˜ŗ) but was pretty random as there’s a slight indented in the chassis for the tape pulley that in fits perfectly into, put obviously can’t go there.

thanks heaps as I always say, if you can put back together with less parts, you’re better than the design engineer šŸ¤”

I’ll have look at some manuals,Ā  it does fit here but serving no purpose that I can see.16561058081702181012168536772100

lightitup
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 18

yeah that is a possibility I do have some Penta 1s apartĀ  and (two catsšŸ˜ŗ) but was pretty random as there’s a slight indented in the chassis for the tape pulley that in fits perfectly into, put obviously can’t go there.

thanks heaps as I always say, if you can put back together with less parts, you’re better than the design engineer šŸ¤”

I’ll have look at some manuals,Ā  it does fit here but serving no purpose that I can see. Thanks Guy16561058081702181012168536772100

trackbeo
              • Topics Started 8
              • Total Posts 205

Talking through my hat here, but that part *looks* like a mounting shock bumper: Ā A narrow bolt/machine screw goes down into the whole thing thru the bottom (narrow) hole, tightening a flat metal washer which fits (stops at) the middle hole/shelf. Ā Having now attached this bumper to the chassis, the top (largest) hole either supports a flat board that is affixed elsewise, or has an inverted screw on it, which slumps into the upper indent/saucer. Ā Or invert it, if you have a screw fitting into an upper board or chassis part that rests on a base: it’s a rubber foot that can be firmly fitted to one item but without squishing the whole thing making it pointless. Ā The key will be whether you also have an extra screw & washer lying around!?!

P.S. Ā Just looked at your newer pic; not sure I would ever rest a mechanical part onto a (flexy) circuit board, thus agree with you that doesn’t look right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds