Newbie with beocentre 9300 query

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Newbie with beocentre 9300 query

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Simonjrwinter
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 7

Hi there,

I’ve managed to buy myself a beautiful B&O setup owned by an older couple since new and in pristine condition. It’s a Beocentre 9300 with a pair of RL6000 speakers and a BEO4 remote.
      the sound is wonderful and I’m really pleased with it. However while the remote control turns on And off the unit and enables me to switch between sources and adjust the volume, I’m unable to pause or otherwise adjust the cd/radio using any other buttons. I’ve looked through my phone camera and can see the ir working when I press buttons, but am unable to do anything else. Do I have something faulty? Am I missing something? Any advice greatly appreciated.
      thank you

simon

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

A strange fault! Can you do all the operations OK from the BeoCenter’s touch panel?

Also is the remote a standard Beo4? (not the ‘Hotel’ version which has reduced functionality). It should work fine with any of the following – which is yours? (click to enlarge and check the button labels)

DSCF0773

Simonjrwinter
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 7

Thank you Guy,

1. It look to be the same as the first one although it doesn’t have the two little black dots on the yellow arrow next to the “go” button, simon
          Guy
          BRONZE Member
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 16
            • Total Posts 1,044

That version should work fine, especially as you can see it transmitting.  The black dots will have worn away with use.

Did you try the BeoCenter front panel?  Pressing the numbers while playing a CD should jump to that track, and you should be able to search for radio stations, for example?

Then try pressing numbers on the remote while a CD is playing for the same result.  The up and down arrows on the remote should step through tracks also.  Try holding the remote very close to the remote sensor.

I must admit that most of my experience is with the earlier/similar BC9500.  I have read on the archived forum that BC9300 could suffer from remote control problems, but I find it strange that only some functions are working!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds