New Wireless Speaker Beosound A5?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound New Wireless Speaker Beosound A5?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Severed_hand_of_skywalker
    BRONZE Member
      • Toronto, Canada
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 217

Um I don’t know what bluetooth really has to do with the battery? But anyway, I bought a Marshal speaker for half the price of the A2 and it sounds ALMOST as good but the battery lasts a full 20 hours on bluetooth no matter the volume.

Steph
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 9
        • Total Posts 42

Speculation
        Saw this on Youtube : a5

Hiort
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 15
          • Total Posts 145

Speculation
          Saw this on Youtube : a5

Would look really nice if its true! Bet it will be priced a bit above the “smoked oak”.

matador
            • Paris France
            • Topics Started 47
            • Total Posts 730

Um I don’t know what bluetooth really has to do with the battery?

Nothing, just that those two speakers are used as still speaker and placed where they cannot have a power cord. I already had to find tricks to hide the Airplay brick but the two speaker still rely on their batteries to work and requires being charged like twice a month (not working daily).

matador
              • Paris France
              • Topics Started 47
              • Total Posts 730

[…] where you can select how/where to direct the sound, […]

Doesn’t this require more than a woofer and two tweeters?

Millemissen
              BRONZE Member
                • Flensborg————Danmark
                • Topics Started 21
                • Total Posts 1,045

There are 1 woofer and and 1 tweeter – and then two tweeters, one on each corner.

And then there is DSP magic builtin.

MM

matteventu
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 79

Do you know what is the future “Fluid Sweet Spot” acoustic DSP mode ?

Obviously can’t say for sure, but I assume that it’s something related to UWB connectivity.

I.e. you have on yourself an UWB-capable device (a smartphone with B&O app, a Beoplay EX MK2 case, or any other sort of electronic item with UWB and enabled by B&O for this purpose), and based on your live position when moving around the A5, the device will keep directing the sound towards you.

Like the option that some Beosound/Beolab speakers already have (i.e. Beolab 50/90, Beosound Balance, etc, not sure which other ones) where you can select how/where to direct the sound, except that instead of being a fixed setting that you need to manually change, this will just follow you wherever you are around it.

Mark
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 6
                    • Total Posts 137

I wonder what it would sound like if two people are listening and one is staying still while the sweat spot is following the one that is moving around?

Sandyb
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Total Posts 379

Sonos have done exactly the same with their newly released Aero 100 and 300 speakers.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                        • Topics Started 53
                        • Total Posts 368

Hi,

At present, only A9 mk5, Beosound 2 mk3 and Theatre have analogue audio input enabled via their USB-C sockets.  A5 can only play audio from a PC via this socket, so your only option for the A5 is to link to a PC and use the PC as your Roon end point.

For the Theatre, this is possible via a Bluesound Node.  If you are in United Kingdom (or you have a UK shipping address) then please get in touch via my sponsor link at the foot of the page and I can help with connections.  Sorry I can’t offer support or shipping to customers outside UK at present.

Kind regards, Steve.

Normann
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 15

OK, thanks.

I was hoping that I could use a better DAC that’s in my pc.. That’s why I bought a Audioquest Dragonfly so I could use that instead my pc as an Roon endpoint. (when listening with headphones f.e)

Really hope that BO could be a Roon Ready product soon..

I then have to reconsider what I should do with the A5, sadly as it really is a good speaker with nice punch.

Millemissen
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Flensborg————Danmark
                            • Topics Started 21
                            • Total Posts 1,045

Why not just airplay from your Roon device to the A5?

MM

Normann
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 15

I bought me a A5 yesterday. Does anybody know how I can adjust the line in sensibility?

In previous products I could do this in the BO app under sound settings, but it looks like it’s not possible on this product..

Normann
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 0
                                • Total Posts 15

Why not just airplay from your Roon device to the A5? MM

Because of the sound quality.. I have a lot of hi res files, and Airplay is restricted to only 16/44.

Then it’s way better to use chrome cast that can stream up to 24/96, and use the speakers quality.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                                  • Topics Started 53
                                  • Total Posts 368

Hi,

Mozart-based B&O products like the A5 don’t allow you to adjust the gain of the line input, but on speakers that have a line input, you can change the sensitivity of the input (ie. how loud the line input needs to be before the speaker automatically switches to the line input as the source).  A5 doesn’t have a line input, so this doesn’t apply.

Kind regards, Steve.

Normann
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 0
                                    • Total Posts 15

Thanks Steve.

But where can I adjust this in the app? I can’t find it anywhere …

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                                      • Topics Started 53
                                      • Total Posts 368

Hi,

A5 doesn’t have a line input, so this feature is not present in the app.  The only way to physically connect any device to the A5 is to link a PC via the USB-C socket (this doesn’t work for analogue audio), then the A5 will act as the PC speaker.

Kind regards, Steve.

Normann
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Topics Started 0
                                        • Total Posts 15

Does this include all products on the Mozart platform?

I thought I could connect a Dragonfly to my iPhone and use a connection to the A5, but as you say.. That will not work?

Do you then have a suggestion on how I can play Roon on a Bluesound Node on a Theater?

Doesn’t that work either?

Thank you for your answers 🙂

Millemissen
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Flensborg————Danmark
                                          • Topics Started 21
                                          • Total Posts 1,045

Honestly….do you really think you can hear a difference using the A5?

MM

Sia43
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 14
                                            • Total Posts 93

It seems like B & O engineers have finally realised that USB-C can be used for simultaneously powering and transferring sound signals to the speaker, so if it works, you only need one cable to connect the speaker without the shaky wireless connection.

This technology has existed for many years now (laptops and notebooks), but none of the B&O speakers before A5 were designed that way.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 140 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound New Wireless Speaker Beosound A5?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.