New Wireless Speaker Beosound A5?

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions New Wireless Speaker Beosound A5?

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Butzibaer
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello,

does anyone have more information about the new wireless speaker Beosound A5. Release date is supposed to be April to May. The price should be between 1000€ and 1300€. Versions probably in aluminum and wood.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

Nothing more – that I know of – than what you can easily find/see on Reddit.

MM

Hiort
          • Topics Started 21
          • Total Posts 123

** I removed my post ** Steve is right in what he says in his post

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
            • Topics Started 59
            • Total Posts 328

Hi Beoworlders,

This is just my own personal view (not the official view of the forum or the moderators) but I think it may harm B&O’s business if people share information about any B&O products that are not currently in the public domain. My personal view is that if you do know anything about any unreleased products, please keep this to yourself, as this helps B&O to succeed and to be able to continue making products that we want to buy many years into the future.

Thanks for your understanding,

Steve.

BeoMatthew
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 16

It actually doesn’t matter that much. Most of these companies have an 18 month go-to-market timeline. Seeing something a month before it launches is just fun gossip for fans. Most people knew what the Sonos Era300s for 6 months or more before they launched.

MJH
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 3

If you know how to use Google, Bing, etc. you could find any information on the product you like. They have obviously already shared information to webshops so they could update their offerings in time – there is obviously a drawback to that. I agree with BeoMatthew, B&O also included a screenshot of the ‘press release’ of April 27th in the App Store pages for their own Beonews app (for dealers I suppose). That couldn’t be an accident. The fact we’re taking about this product already and sharing details we can legitimately find on the web also help to create buzz and interests of people, not a bad strategy I would say.

Glitch
                  • Topics Started 18
                  • Total Posts 267

Most companies consider speculation and rumors about their upcoming products as a positive thing. It is arguably better than the alternative of nobody caring if you are making new products.

Usually the truly sensitive product information is carefully controlled as a trade secret or with NDAs. I certainly hope that none of the employees, dealers, or possibly press, leaked something that they shouldn’t have.

One positive thing about living in the age of deep fakes is that even if something sensitive IS leaked, nobody will know if it it real or not ;-).

Glitch

BeoMatthew
                    • Topics Started 3
                    • Total Posts 16

This is absolutely the case. All of these companies want the sort of anticipatory gossip that companies like Apple have cultivated. It’s good for B&O that there’s enough interest to share and discuss these leaked images.

kuyttendaele
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 22

If a PR company sends out a press release for a new product (with lots op pictures and details) with an embargo for a whole month then that press release just begs to be leaked online.

I can understand that you embargo a press release for a week or less… but a whole month?

Mr10Percent
                        • Topics Started 8
                        • Total Posts 456

My comments are that “leaked” information comes from a number of sources.

PR Companies, FCC, B&O themselves, B&O Dealers, some non-B&O vendors.

All should if they require absolute secrecy keep their mouths shut and their pictures to themselves. That is where the root-cause of problem is and it should not be for Moderators to limit or control that here in Beoworld.

Most of us here are enthusiasts who are rather bloodhound-like sourcing data and rumours. Those that leak are (probably 99% are paid some form of income through the B&O product franchise) are the ones jeopardising B&O competitiveness and future revenue. Not Beoworlders

Lets get real please.

BeoMatthew
                          • Topics Started 3
                          • Total Posts 16

Here here

Lars_
                            • Topics Started 0
                            • Total Posts 3

Hi all,

I was surprised to see the new A5 on public display at a B&O dealer this Saturday. I was able to listen to it, and wow it sounds good! I took a picture of it, and I know the price. I‘m unsure though whether or not I should share my findings on this forum. Please allow me to note that it looks a hell of a lot like something you‘d find at IKEA.

Millemissen
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Flensborg/Danmark
                              • Topics Started 27
                              • Total Posts 806

What is interesting here is, whether it is a bluetooth only speaker or if it has some Beolink Multiroom capacities (maybe even based on the Mozart platform)?

In the first case not so interesting….just another one in a long line (which does not say it can be better than the rest).
                              In the second it would be highly interesting!!!

We will soon know.

MM

Mr10Percent
                                • Topics Started 8
                                • Total Posts 456

The dropping of the Beoplay branding confuses nomclementure somewhat.

I would imagine if it is a Beosound and has Mozart it is WiFi and Beolink-able?

If it is a (former Beoplay) Beosound and does not have Mozart….it will be a portable Bluetooth speaker only??

Everything I have heard and been told is that future Beolabs will be dual purpose i.e. a Loudspeaker with integrated music player?

It also leads to the confusing possibility if Beosounds will have integrated Beolabs?

Lars_
                                  • Topics Started 0
                                  • Total Posts 3

It‘s Mozart, at least that‘s what the guy said, and he chose the speaker on his iPad from a long list of speakers.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                                    • Toronto, Canada
                                    • Topics Started 9
                                    • Total Posts 169

I hope it has Wi-Fi. Bluetooth only speakers are a huge waste to me.

Beobuddy
                                      • Topics Started 4
                                      • Total Posts 66

I’ve seen it yesterday.
                                      It’s a mix of improved sound of the Beolit 20 and functionality of the Level. So mozart based with wifi, stereo pairing etc.
                                      The looks of it is very nice.

Millemissen
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • Flensborg/Danmark
                                        • Topics Started 27
                                        • Total Posts 806

Price, please?

Are there cover options – not just wood?

MM

matador
                                          • Paris France
                                          • Topics Started 48
                                          • Total Posts 689

From google pictures there is at least the dark wood version with black top and bottom plate and the coarse beige fabric version with white top and bottom plate and a oak wood handle.

Lars_
                                            • Topics Started 0
                                            • Total Posts 3

Price, please? Are there cover options – not just wood? MM

1000€ for the non-wood option and 1200€ the wood option. The non-wood option is some sort of plastic cover afaik.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds