New Level firmware withdrawn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LeMirage
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 13

Anyone installed the new Level firmware (released 15 june) before it was withdrawn again?
    v1.8.10015

LeMirage
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 13

Although I switched off the automatic software updating feature, both my Levels have been given firmware V1.8.10017 now. According release notes bug fixes and stereo pairing performance improvement but actually I am encountering dropouts now from the left channel?! I will monitor stability upcoming days.

no more other Level users here??

trackbeo
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 43

Although I switched off the automatic software updating feature, both my Levels have been given firmware V1.8.10017 now.

Nevermind that firmware might be buggy, that happens.  Rather, pole up the developers’ @&$# for **forcing** any update.  Forced updates definitely occur whenever you add a device using the new iOS app!  I turned off updates in an older device to avoid a bug that B&O added and do not acknowledge (or “cannot reproduce” .hah.) — but now I can never delete said device from one location and re-add it to another without “accepting” the forced updatexxxxxxdowngrade.  For those of you not paying attention, that means that even if you know about a buggy update version, you cannot avoid it when purchasing a new device.  Even Apple managed to avoid such abject lossage with their famous HomePod firmware errors.

trackbeo
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 43

Sure enough: Level was left yesterday at v. 1.8.10012, with updates turned OFF.  Today it shows it is at version 1.8.10017 (and updates are still turned off).  But even that version has a red dot beside it, and on-offer is 1.8.10017.12375.  I accepted that update, because who knows what the forced one broke such that they are offering an *even newer* version just hours later?!?  After the manual update, the red dot is turned off, but it still only says v. 1.8.10017 as the current version, hiding the minor version number.

So either the current version display was intentionally lying (i.e. it was really still at 10012 but claimed 10017), or else an update was pushed to my Level overnight without my consent.  Either way, it’s yet another case of… Bang & Olufsen software developers are inept and/or dishonest.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
    • Topics Started 10
    • Total Posts 54

Hi Trackbeo,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. My stereo paired Emerges updated to 1.8.10015.12366 a few weeks ago (in the middle of the night, causing much cursing) and that update gave me the option to turn off automatic updates (previously not possible when two speakers were stereo paired).

Since then, no further updates have occurred and on checking today I see that both speakers are still at the same software version, but it is showing as an update being available. I will leave them at the current version until we know exactly what has happened.

I will forward this thread to a friend in B&O’s software team to ask him to take a look…

Kind regards, Steve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.