My Image from forum used in eBay listing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Isthatthebeotime
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 46

E98BF200-589E-4E40-B31D-BACB8821CE5C
      Spotted this awhile ago, it’s actually a image I uploaded to the forum 7 years ago of my old setup in my then bedroom, listed has a 40” when it’s actually a 46”, previously owned by Rowan Atkinson… don’t believe I’m he, will double check my passport

Gaea
        • Netherlands
        • Topics Started 9
        • Total Posts 46

You should report him then.

Guy
        BRONZE Member
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 16
          • Total Posts 1,044

You should report him then.

Agreed.

However, if you had previously uploaded the photo to eBay (e.g. to sell the TV) then other users can use your photo in their own listings.

Isthatthebeotime
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 46

Will report I’m just one of those people that’s not very good at getting someone in trouble.

Only place that image was posted/used was the old forum in a show your B&O, only use eBay to buy

Guy
            BRONZE Member
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,044

I contacted an eBay seller recently to point out an error in his listing. He had stated that a BV10-32 stand would fit ‘many other TVs’. In a friendly manner I pointed out that this was not the case. I did this mainly to protect potential B&O buyers and avoid their disappointment.

Anyway, he became firstly very defensive, and then aggressive and rude in his responses to my messages. He also stated stated that he was a ‘dealer’ (although not listed as such on eBay). I reported him to eBay for both being rude and being a ‘dealer posing as a private seller’. I am not sure what action eBay took (they don’t let you know) but his listings disappeared and re-appeared a few days later under a different username! Buyer beware!

Beozip
                • Topics Started 2
                • Total Posts 61

it is not your password. When you posted a pic here or in an other forum you find the most pics in google search again.

Then everybody can copy that pic and can use it. That is not under the law but the most people give it a sh*t of that.

Keith Saunders
                  • Hampshire, England
                  • Topics Started 28
                  • Total Posts 149

it is not your password. When you posted a pic here or in an other forum you find the most pics in google search again. Then everybody can copy that pic and can use it. That is not under the law but the most people give it a sh*t of that.

You may think no one cares about the image copyright laws, but many large organisations have departments or external companys working for them who go around web sites including ebay to check if any of their images are being used without permission.

When they find an image posted by an individual or organisation they will normally contact them and request either that they remove the image and delete the image or pay a copyright fee. If the person or organisation declines to do either option, then expect a lawyers letter.

Over the years Beoworld has had many (greater than 20) letters about images posted on Beoworld with a couple ending up with legal letters and potential court action.

If you look HERE on the UK government web site it gives a good overview of the law.

The copyright laws are similar in the US with the major difference being that almost all large corporations have people checking for copyright infringements.

The bottom line is if you created the image in any form, then you own the copyright unless you have sold or given permission to use it.

So, if you have made the image you post on Beoworld, no problem because you posted you own image.

vikinger
                    • Topics Started 8
                    • Total Posts 35

Had a similar problem with my BV 11 pictures posted to Beoworld some years ago, showing how to route the hidden cables from the wall to the hinge area.

A dealer had the nerve to use one picture suggesting it was his own installation. I can’t find it again……. presumably they’ve moved on from installing BV11’s.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds