MCL2P and Beovox rear surround speakers

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Guy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pepps
    GOLD Member
    • Kent, UK
    • Topics Started 8
    • Total Posts 58

Hello all,

Is it possible to connect a MCL2P to one of the rear surround Powerlink sockets on my BV7-40 in order to use a pair of Beovox 3000 (flat panel) as my rear surround speakers?

Would I still get stereo surround effects?

Julian

Guy
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 4
    • Total Posts 203

Yes that should work. The MCL2P would take both L and R rear signals from the TV and send to the respective speakers. I think you’ll need a Powerlink Mk2 cable between TV and MCL2P in order to get power on/off and muting.

I don’t think you’ll find BeoVox3000 in the BV7’s speaker menu, so you’ll have to experiment with other speaker choices to get the best sound, at an appropriate level.

9_LEE
    • Eastbourne England
    • Topics Started 8
    • Total Posts 13

Yes that should work. The MCL2P would take both L and R rear signals from the TV and send to the respective speakers. I think you’ll need a Powerlink Mk2 cable between TV and MCL2P in order to get power on/off and muting. I don’t think you’ll find BeoVox3000 in the BV7’s speaker menu, so you’ll have to experiment with other speaker choices to get the best sound, at an appropriate level.

I agree with this. Use a Mk2 cable, and I’d probably choose BeoLab 2500 or BeoLab 4000 as the rears which will be a similar equivalent in Active. 🙂

pepps
    GOLD Member
    • Kent, UK
    • Topics Started 8
    • Total Posts 58

Dear both,

Thank you for your replies – excellent news! This should complete (for now) the lounge set-up with a happy compromise met between floor space needing to be freed up around the sofa and the need for surround sound. They look like good bedfellows of the Pentas too.
    I was hoping to get some BL3000’s but at the moment the expense outweighs the need – there is a very nice looking pair of BL4500’s on eBay at the moment but they’re after £600 or more.
    For now the Beovox will do the job while looking nice and sexy too.

Guy
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 4
    • Total Posts 203

Looking forward to seeing photos of the finished setup!

In my opinion the use of MCL2Ps (or Beolink Passives) with passive speakers (either Beovox or non-B&O alternatives) is often overlooked in B&O setups.  It can bring some great advantages, not least the ability to site a speaker without worrying about mains power, and only having to hide a relatively thin two-core speaker cable.  It’s also an ideal solution for safety reasons in bathrooms or outdoor setups.  Beolink Passives can also be purchased relatively cheaply, usually from systems that have been stripped out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.