Masterlink BV10-32 and BC2

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Masterlink BV10-32 and BC2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stotty1111
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 15
      • Total Posts 73

I am trying to link the above 2 units, they are both in the same room, the speakers are thro’ the tv.

Having looked at the masterlink manual it appears that the tv should be option 2 and the BC2 should be option 0, have keyed it in, the tv works and i can call up the dvd function, but not the radio, the radio will operate when manually selected on the BC2 facia.

The option connections list in the tv are set to AV2 no HDMI, when trying to select the connection option, dvd is selected and a list can be called up, Beomaster 1, BM2 , BC 1 and BC  2. I have highlighted both BC1 and BC 2, but cannot access the radio function.

As above with a BV 7-32 it all worked fine!

What am I doing wrong?

I am just about to search for my BC2 manuals to see if its covered in them!

Help

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,239

Just a quick thought, have you tried selecting N.RADIO with the remote, and this could be the BC2’s radio source if using DAB?

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg————Danmark
          • Topics Started 21
          • Total Posts 1,045

Try rebooting both – means power both units off, wait a couple of minutes and then connect both again to power.

P.S.
          Are you sure, that the tv responded to the V.option 2 command?

MM

stotty1111
          GOLD Member
            • Topics Started 15
            • Total Posts 73

Hi

Sorry about delayed response, the system did not like my login details!

The BC2 is a UK supplied piece and it does have DAB facilities. Here in France, no DAB service!

So, found the masterlink manual, and after reading the relevant section, I decided to go back to factory settings with both pieces, then chacked all the cabling and connections then reprogrammed both pieces , Op 2  – tv Opt 0 – BC 2 , switched them off and rebooted and hey presto it all works!

Well I say all works, the radio works, but the cd/dvd will load but not play, I suspect my next voyage of discovery will be to investigate the drive system, I haven’t looked as yet at the repair manual, is it belt or geared?

I will try to load some views of my installation later!

Tony

stotty1111
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 15
              • Total Posts 73

So, got the tv working in my system, photos show thw progress made tidying up the cabling etc.

The room is open plan and the rear of the tv backs onto the dining area so its been a little involved.

It is acceptable for now, but i may need to shorten the scart interconnecting lead by about 30cms, something for the future!

Photos give an idea of it all!!

w9rgq9mkclpqr2wchsoobi15wzock9vrIMGP1096IMGP1098IMGP1097IMGP1099IMGP1100

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 14
                • Total Posts 1,239

That’s a tricky spot to do a neat install!  I’d be tempted to use one of those cable management boxes to hide the power strip and any adaptors.  It might not be large enough but I have found these D-Link ones to be good value:  https://www.diy.com/departments/d-line-small-black-cable-tidy-unit/203420_BQ.prd

EDIT: I just used my moderator super-powers to rotate your first photo upright!

stotty1111
                GOLD Member
                  • Topics Started 15
                  • Total Posts 73

Thanks for that and the link, we have Bricodepot and castorama here a la frog – brico is equivalent to B&Q trade and Casto the std B&Q, Next time in either Quimper or Brest I will have a look for the cable trunking, the distibution thing, I think that will stay, however in another DIY chain they had some 2 pin plugs with horizontal cable exits, I will probably replace the existing with some, also the 10 way power block with an 8 way job

I realise it’s being a little nitpicky, but the system as is was installed over 10 years ago with the original BV7-32.

Talking of that, if I go into the engineering menus and reset the piece to factory default , will that delete any ancilliary programs installed or will they still be accessible?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Masterlink BV10-32 and BC2

• You must be logged in to create new topics.