How to connect a 5500 or 6500 system to speakers and a tv

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America How to connect a 5500 or 6500 system to speakers and a tv

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    abank
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

Hi All, wondering if anyone knows how can I connect either a 5500 or 6500 system with a speaker switch box and a modern TV – so i can play the TV thru the system. Not sure how to or what i need to get the TV to play thru it. Thanks in advance!

-Adam

styppen
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 15

I connected my TV to my Beomaster 5500 by connecting the TV/AUX port on the Beomaster to the TV headphones output.

Additionally, I’ve disabled TV speakers.

I got the needed cables from Steve 🙂

Guy
        BRONZE Member
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 16
          • Total Posts 1,044

It’s a shame that there is no headphone output, otherwise it would be very easy!

Anyway, I would probably use the TV’s Digital Optical Output, and connect it to a Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC) like this one:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-NTK003-Aluminum-Converter-Digital/dp/B01MD0KHK1

Note that this is not a specific recommendation as I have not used this device – other forum members may be able to recommend a specific make/model.

You would then need to connect the DAC to the input for your Beomaster, for which you would need a cable like this:  https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/52-72-stereo-rca-twin-phono-to-beosound-aux-input-din-socket.html#/2-length-1m

On the BM5500, you could connect to the CD, TAPE or TAPE2 input socket and select using that Source on the remote.

On the BM6500, you could connect to any of the above or the TV/AUX socket.  If the latter you could then put the BM6500 in A.OPT 2 (ask if unsure how) and you will be able to select using TV on the B&O remote.

One word of caution, I am not sure if the processing time of the DAC will cause lip-sync issues due to a delay against the TV picture – hopefully not!

abank
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 3

Thank you so much, this is really helpful!!

-Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds