How to connect a 5500 or 6500 system to speakers and a tv

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem How to connect a 5500 or 6500 system to speakers and a tv

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    abank
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

Hi All, wondering if anyone knows how can I connect either a 5500 or 6500 system with a speaker switch box and a modern TV – so i can play the TV thru the system. Not sure how to or what i need to get the TV to play thru it. Thanks in advance!

-Adam

quattttro
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 6
        • Total Posts 47

I use my 5000 system with a modern TV. Use the HDMI ARC output from the TV to an HDMI DAC. The HDMI DAC will give you RCA analogue outputs you can plug into your Beomaster. You might need a DIN to RCA converter as well.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 15
          • Total Posts 1,355

It would be really useful if you could post the make and model of your TV, either that or a photo of the connections panel.  This will hopefully enable us to provide some more specific advice.

Also, what is the ‘speaker switch’ box?  Does that simply switch between two sets of passive speakers?

Use the HDMI ARC output from the TV to an HDMI DAC. The HDMI DAC will give you RCA analogue outputs you can plug into your Beomaster

Not all hdmi audio extractors will extract from the ARC (Audio Return Channel), so I would hesitate to recommend this solution until we know more about the TV and its outputs.

styppen
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 15

I connected my TV to my Beomaster 5500 by connecting the TV/AUX port on the Beomaster to the TV headphones output.

Additionally, I’ve disabled TV speakers.

I got the needed cables from Steve 🙂

abank
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 3

Great point, that would def help 🙂

It’s a Panasonic TC-P50C2

I’m attaching the diagram of the side and back of TV for reference.

Correct the speaker switch box i was referring to is a simple box that allows me to turn 4 sets of speakers on and off. I only use two at time, im using a Yamaha suround sound receiver right now using the optical out.

I would love to have my B&O system in that room for music and to run the TV thru it.

Thanks guys!

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 15
                • Total Posts 1,355

It’s a shame that there is no headphone output, otherwise it would be very easy!

Anyway, I would probably use the TV’s Digital Optical Output, and connect it to a Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC) like this one:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-NTK003-Aluminum-Converter-Digital/dp/B01MD0KHK1

Note that this is not a specific recommendation as I have not used this device – other forum members may be able to recommend a specific make/model.

You would then need to connect the DAC to the input for your Beomaster, for which you would need a cable like this:  https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/52-72-stereo-rca-twin-phono-to-beosound-aux-input-din-socket.html#/2-length-1m

On the BM5500, you could connect to the CD, TAPE or TAPE2 input socket and select using that Source on the remote.

On the BM6500, you could connect to any of the above or the TV/AUX socket.  If the latter you could then put the BM6500 in A.OPT 2 (ask if unsure how) and you will be able to select using TV on the B&O remote.

One word of caution, I am not sure if the processing time of the DAC will cause lip-sync issues due to a delay against the TV picture – hopefully not!

abank
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 3

Thank you so much, this is really helpful!!

-Adam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.