Eclipse soundcenter as decoder for Beolab speakers and LG tv

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Eclipse soundcenter as decoder for Beolab speakers and LG tv

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    johnjohnny
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 3

Hi everyone,

I have got an Eclipse MK1, bought in early 2020; the TV was turned off for 8 months because I moved to a new town, 2 weeks ago I moved the TV in the new home but now it has some troubles. The TV doesn’t stay on, it powers off intermittently; in addition two vertical lines of pixels remains completely black. The soundcenter work correctly.
      I brought the TV to B&O service; to restore the TV I have to replace the motherboard, for the switching off issue, an the panel, for the black pixels, for a total expense of 2400 €.

I’m evaluating whether to repair it or not, I’m thinking of buying a new oled LG tv.

In addition of the Eclipse I’ve got Beolab 8000 speakers, Beolab 2 sub, Beolab 3 speakers and a Beosound 35. If I buy the LG tv I would like to continue using the B&O speakers; is it possible to use the soundcenter as decoder between speakers and LG tv? Something like Beosound Theatre…

Otherwise what device do I need?

Thank you in advance.

Ianc2
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 17

I have read it is possible to add a later model 65” lg screen with different bracketry and modifying the eclipse aluminum slightly .

i will look at mine this weekend for a reminder , but i believe only hdmi and 1 rj45 connect to the screen , so in theory it could be used with any size/brand screen .

i have a spare Vizio tv i can try this with .

Ravsted
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 54

You mind find this post useful

Eclipse MKI with LG C3 Oled

Ravsted
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 54

You mind find this post useful

Eclipse MKI with LG C3 Oled

Ianc2
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 17

I have read it is possible to add a later model 65” lg screen with different bracketry and modifying the eclipse aluminum slightly . i will look at mine this weekend for a reminder , but i believe only hdmi and 1 rj45 connect to the screen , so in theory it could be used with any size/brand screen . i have a spare Vizio tv i can try this with .

I looked , and yes entirely possible to do this .
              I think the thread ravsted linked to that replaces the old oled with a newer model is the best way to go . And what I will do should my panel ever develop problems .
              however if you are wall-mounted and do not need a motorized mount etc it can be a totally seperate system using a tv wall-mount to space the panel off the wall inline with the sound center .
              It will not look as good from the side though , should you have a doorway next to tv like I have .
              The thing I like most about the eclipse is its integrated look , it looks much better than a theater in that regard .
              I slso like that it has compartment on the back perfectly sized to integrate an Apple TV 4K .
              It will fit other older models , but new 4k is smaller and more efficient .
              I went a step further and ordered the correct length power and hdmi cables to make install better …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds