Eclipse MKI with LG C3 Oled

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Eclipse MKI with LG C3 Oled

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mbee
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 59

Hi,

I’ve got an Eclipse MKI with a broken LG (C7) panel. B&O is asking 2600€ for a panel replacement (they keep the C7 TV and change the panel inside).

But when they were here, the B&O technicians said it would be possible to just exchange the 55C7 with a brand new 55C3 for less money (in fact, it’s 1000€ less!), but now they say it’s only on mkII Eclipse…

So is it possible or is there something preventing me from doing this?

Software-wise, the technicians said that the B&O app is available on the C3, so I should get the stand and Beoremote working, and all the settings for the beolabs… and if there is something locked to a C7 panel on the MKI, the difference of the panel may buy me an Eclipse MKII motherboard that should solve the problem…

Mechanically, either the old screen mount is still compatible with the screw positions of a C3, or I should order just this part from an Eclipse MKIII, or eventually I have to make a custom DIY screen mount.

Any advice or suggestion? Maybe somebody here already did such a conversion…

Mbee
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 59

I’ve got new feedback from B&O headquarters.

For them, it’s not possible for 2 reasons, but the reasons doesn’t seem to be valid :

1. Mechanically the cutout is different : of course, but as I said, as the newer panels are smaller, they can fit, there will just be a gap…
        2. Eclipse Gen 1 doesn’t support eARC : here I can’t understand, as the only way to connect the soundcenter to the C7 panel is to use the HDMI2, its only ARC HDMI input ! The Eclipse mkI already used ARC, and eARC is retrocompatible with ARC speakers…
        Mbee
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 59

If nobody has ever tried… My dealer (who is multibrand) proposes me to test with his demo 55C3. I’ll keep you informed, but if somebody knows that it’s not possible, don’t hesitate to react!

Msinn
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 1

I am having an Eclipse MkI 55″ with screen burn too. I would be interested in your results

Ingo
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 18

My Eclipse MK1 also with burn-in.
              Replacement would have cost a good 1500€.
              I have written to several dealers. Another panel can not be used because the Soundcenter MK1 can not be controlled with the B&O app.
              I then decided on LG OLED G3 combined with the Theatre.
              TV has 5 year warranty, new panel already after a few weeks get.
              But very slow spare parts supply, waited about 4 weeks for it.

It was a costly experience for me.

I scrapped the panel and have the sound center well packed in the basement. 8 months left, then I’m retired, then I’ll have the time to reactivate the soundcenter.
              Replacing the mainboard is a good approach, but you can also get into the speaker menu via an IP address, maybe something can be done.

Toma48
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 1

Any feed back on this ? It appears every tv has done the same and B and O s  answer to the problem is give another faulty panel , I’d love to know if the c3 worked with the mk1 eclipse

Mbee
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Total Posts 59

I can confirm, LG C3 on mkI Eclipse Soundcenter works, with a bit of diy work (homemade brackets, that’s all). Futureproof not guaranteed but Soundcenter MkI is using HDMI ARC so quite standard.

johnjohnny
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 2

Hi Mbee, I’m in a similar situation to yours.

I have got an Eclipse MK1, bought in early 2020; the TV was turned off for 8 months because I moved to a new town, 2 weeks ago I moved the TV in the new home but now it has some troubles. The TV doesn’t stay on, it powers off intermittently; in addition two vertical lines of pixels remains completely black.

I brought the TV to B&O service; to restore the TV I have to replace the motherboard, for switching off issue, an the panel, for the black pixels, for a total expense of 2400 €.

Could you explain in details what you did to mount the C3 TV on the eclipse? Do you have pictures of the result? Do all original functions works correctly?

Thank you

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.