DVB-T2 HEVC external receiver compatible with BV7-55 and Beo4

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision DVB-T2 HEVC external receiver compatible with BV7-55 and Beo4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pleonipi
    BRONZE Member
      • Milano, Italy
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

Hi to everybody

like I wrote in another topic, at least in Italy ( I don’t know if also in other EC countries) there will be a switch-off of DVB-T (the one that is compatible with my BV7-55 MKII DTV receiver) toward DVB-T2 HEVC.

I contacted B&O customer care, they don’t preview any hw/sw update for BV7. In other words, when switch-off will be active, BV7 will no more run like a TV, just DVD player or external sources like Chromecast.

During last year many decoders that are Android TV have been put on the market, like Telesystem UP T2 4K that seems to be one of the best. But of course it cannot be managed with Beo4.

Does anybody know how to let a decoder be inserted into the pucs list and let its codes to be recognized ? Is there an open database ?

Or anybody know of an hevc external decoder already compatible with Beo4 ?

Many thanks for your answers

Ravsted
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 78

In Scandinavia we do not use the HEVC codec/compression. A Danish T2 receiver does not work in e.g. Italy or Germany unless you can read in the specs that HEVC is supported….

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,239

In Scandinavia we do not use the HEVC codec/compression. A Danish T2 receiver does not work in e.g. Italy or Germany unless you can read in the specs that HEVC is supported….

I see. I just had a look at the spec for my HD-FOX-T2 and I don’t think HEVC is supported. Looking at Humax’s Italian website this model would work:  https://it.humaxdigital.com/product/digimax-t2/

It has IR remote which is supposed to be a learning remote, but I doubt it would learn the B&O IR frequencies.  You could get lucky and find that it is controlled by one of the older Humax IR PUC/STBs.

ebnrob
          BRONZE Member
            • UK
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 51

Humax are selling Freeview HD (DVB-T2) boxes in the UK. I don’t know if they still use InfraRed for remote control though – if so, it might still work with the PUC IR blaster you can plug into the back of the BV7.

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark
              • Topics Started 21
              • Total Posts 1,045

This however assumes, that there is a useable Humax entry in the PUC list of the BV7.
              Otherweise that has to be loaded into the tv by a B&O technician.
              Same goes for any other external box.

MM

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 14
                • Total Posts 1,239

I am not sure why is says it’s made for Scandinavia, but perhaps this would work:

https://shop.oneremote.dk/shop/69102-bo-dvb-t2-aerial/4171-dvb-t2-iii-boxer-tv-modtager/

But if there is a Humax box in your PUC/STB list then I would look for a Humax DVB-T2 receiver as suggested above.  I used a Humax HD-FOX-T2 for many years with my BV3 and then BV6-26.  There is also the HDR version for recording – lots available on Uk eBay who may post to Italy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision DVB-T2 HEVC external receiver compatible with BV7-55 and Beo4

• You must be logged in to create new topics.