DIY Beolab 8000 Wood frets (STLs included).

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    tuttivini
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 19

@matador Wouldn’t it be better looking if you also design/print (with black PLA/PETG/ABS) the top panel instead of using piece of black cardboard cut to shape?

Would it be possible to add this to the design?
      What thickness (in mm) would give us the best/flush look?

top cover

matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 37
      • Total Posts 505

@matador
        Wouldn’t it be better looking if you also design/print (with black PLA/PETG/ABS) the top panel instead of using piece of black cardboard cut to shape?

Yes it maybe would be. The thing is I dont undertsand anything in PLA/PETG/… plastics and I rely on an remote 16, hormonal dependent teenager for the printings. Then as soon as the wood grills were on the speakers I stopped research!

drmichi
        BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 11

You might have a problem to 3D print a nice and smooth surface, for sure you need to grind and paint it afterwards. I also used the black paper as a quick fix 🙂

I personally wouldn’t go for a flush top panel, since the design really adds some nice details if the wood covers are 2mm up, but still lower than the chrome head.

stivenmar2
          BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 1

hi mate can you make me those 3d Plastic wood holders for two speakers will pay you of course   ,because i don’t have 3d printer the rest of the work will do it by my self thanks let me know please ha e a good one

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.