Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Connect passive speakers with multiroom in 2022

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Heuan
    BRONZE Member

What is currently the best way to integrate passive speakers into a B&O Multiroom system?
      Now I have a BeoSound Core with several 8002 speakers. Now I want to add an additional room with passive speakers (must be outdoor).
      Do I need a second Core and a BeoAmp 2 for this?
      Is there any way to make it cheaper than buying these two devices that cost at least 2k€?

Carolpa
      BRONZE Member

What is currently the best way to integrate passive speakers into a B&O Multiroom system? Now I have a BeoSound Core with several 8002 speakers. Now I want to add an additional room with passive speakers (must be outdoor). Do I need a second Core and a BeoAmp 2 for this? Is there any way to make it cheaper than buying these two devices that cost at least 2k€?

You can opt also for a Core or Essense mkII or BLC (Beolink Converter NL/ML) and a MCL2P of Beolink Passive as amplifier for the passive speakers.

the BLC, BL Passive, MCL2P are sold second hand regularly.

Heuan
        BRONZE Member

So theoretically i can use this configuration to accomplish an additional multiroom with passive speakers?:

BeoSound Essence MKII & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink

or

BeoLink Converter NL/ML & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink or MasterLink

that should both work?

Carolpa
          BRONZE Member

So theoretically i can use this configuration to accomplish an additional multiroom with passive speakers?: BeoSound Essence MKII & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink or BeoLink Converter NL/ML & MCL2P; connected via PowerLink or MasterLink that should both work?

Correct; MCL2P PowerLink connected to or Essence mkII or BLC.

A BL Passive can also be used as amplifier (and a BL MCL/ML converter should also work as amp).

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg————Danmark

Either of the 3 – MCL2P, MCL/ML Converter, Beolink Passive – will do.
              They are basicly the same, when it comes to acting as an amp.

Do remember that they will need a fully wired/MK3 Powerlink cable in order to turn on/of.

MM

jvezina
              GOLD Member

The Beoamp 2 can also be used.

https://bangolufsenassistentgohe.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/APPS_AND_ACCESSORIES/BEOAMP_2/BeoAmp%202.pdf

Just saw that it was already mentioned, sorry

Loshmi007
                BRONZE Member

Hi all, have similar question.

i want to connect on mu b&o shape beoamp 2 with boc 86, and then to save some costa War thinking to add beosound passive and make multiroom in  bathroom also.

can someone point me in right direction is this is posibile. Can i control everything with halo.

can i reduce volume in passive, since don’t need to be so loud in bathroom 🙂

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK

can i reduce volume in passive, since don’t need to be so loud in bathroom

A Passive (or MCL converter) can be used with either the ML or the Powerlink input.

If a Passive is used with its Powerlink input then the volume control must be done at the source.

If a Passive is used with an ML input (i.e as part of an ML system) then you should also add an IR eye and will then be able to control its volume independently.

Furthermore, if you use an MCL2P remember that this does not have an ML input.

Loshmi007
                    BRONZE Member

Thail you, all clear 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.