Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Connect Beomaster 7000 to SONOS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have a Beomaster 7000 with a phono, CD and tape. I purchased a 7 pin DIN with two RCA jacks to connect to my SONOS connect.

I want to play the system to the line in on the SONOS. It will not play from any of the 7 pin connections. I got it to play from the headphone jack so I know the SONOS line in is working.

There was another post that said to use the tape connection  I tried both tape 1 and 2 with no success.

The line in/out jack doesn’t work either. Possibly because I have only line out, not back in. It appears it may need both to make the loop?

Any help would be appreciated.

trackbeo
    Blocked

The Line In/Out jack is used for an equalizer (or similar) between the 7000’s preamp section and its amplifier section.  Your photo shows the factory-installed crossover plug, which you should leave alone.  (If it were removed you would get no sound out your non-powered speakers.)

In your case, I would use the Tape 2 jack, just because it’s easier to put your fingers on.  The usual problem is that someone gives you a Line-In RCA->DIN-8 cable rather than the Line-Out cable — just the wrong pins hooked up.  For this reason I tell folks to buy a Tape-In-AND-Out cable even if you don’t need it — so you can listen to test which plugs are the inputs and use the *other* two!  I bought one on amazon, ASIN# B00M0FXR8A, less than $10.  Also a forum sponsor (scroll down) sells cables, and guarantees you’ll get the correct one if you order just Tape->Line-Out!

Awesome. SO helpful. Thank you!

I did try the line in/out and it unfolded exactly as you said.

I’m sure I did buy the wrong cable.

This is the one I bought:

CablesOnline 6ft 7-Pin Din Male to 2-RCA Male Professional Premium Audio Cable, Black for Bang & Olufsen, Naim, Quad.Stereo Systems (BO-2706K) https://a.co/d/ctESyOs

thanks!!

Hi,

This is the cable you need, it connects to either the Tape 1 or Tape 2 socket of the Beomaster to give you 2-way music between the B&O and the Sonos systems (please note that this link won’t work until Monday morning, as my site is closed for maintenance today):-

https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/154-2336-5-pin-din-to-4-x-rca-input-and-output-cable-for-bo-naim-quad.html#/2-length-1m

Please ask if you need any further help!

Kind regards, Steve.

Thank you!

You guys are amazing.

I was just scrolling through your site to find the right cable and was going to send you a message.

You made it easy for me!

I’ll order this week.

Thanks!!

Gerry

Thanks Gerry,

Please ask at any time if you have any questions.

Kind regards, Steve.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.