Celestial speakers – what else is needed ?

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVox Celestial speakers – what else is needed ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Binny
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 5

Hi so this may be a stupid question. I have 2 celestial speakers currently connected to beomaster 5500. I also have 2 penta speakers connected to beomaster too. I use a Core to be able to connect music etc to both penta and celestial. However this means that if I play music the core will put sound through both penta and celestial- which makes sense as this is how I set up. So if I now want to use a seperate core for the celestial – what else do I need to make it work? Will a connection  to the new core be enough? Or do I need to buy something else ? Thanks and apologies if stupid – but I’m slowly learning thanks

Curly
      GOLD Member
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 59

The new Core connected to the Celestials is all you need–assuming you already have an amplifier such as BeoAmp 2 to provide them power.

The Celestials are passive speakers. They do not have built-in amplifiers like many B&O products. The simplest passive speaker setup includes the speakers themselves, an amplifier to drive them (such as BeoAmp 2) and a source to provide the music (such as the Core).

I hope this helps!

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,239

The new Core connected to the Celestials is all you need–assuming you already have an amplifier such as BeoAmp 2 to provide them power.

If BeoAmp 2 is too pricey, then don’t rule out a second-hand Beolink Passive – you would just need the correct cable from the Core’s RJ45 to the Passive’s Powerlink input (8 pin DIN).  Sounds Heavenly (link at bottom of page) should be able to supply.

Binny
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 5

Great thanks guys !

Binny
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 5

Hi – so I got the beoamp 2 and connected – to core. However 2 issues 1. In CORE configure speaker setup –  can’t see the celestial speaker 2. I can’t control the sound level when connected via my phone

what am I doing wrong?

Mr10Percent
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 9
                • Total Posts 511

Hi,

All my Celestial/BeoAmp2 is in a box being shipped and I’ve never paired BeoAmp2 with a Core. However, I assume that the BS Core is as dumb as a bag of bricks and neither it and by extension the BeoApp know what is connected to what.

Try this – I think this is a possible solution to your problem?

1. Download the Beoamp2 Installation Manual – it will help.
                2. Connect the BS Core Powerlink to the BeoAmp2
                3. Obviously, the source should be linked and integrated to the Core and the Celestials to the BeoAmp2?
                4. Check the LED Combinations on the Beoamp2 for obvious issues?
                5. I dont think you need signal sense with Powerlink (test)
                6. Ensure you select PL In and not RCA on the toggle switch – this is most likely why your getting full uncontrolled volume?
                7. Play with gain to set max sound when balancing with your other B&O gear or speakers in a room.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVox Celestial speakers – what else is needed ?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.