CD spindle for Beocenter 9000

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Wanted CD spindle for Beocenter 9000

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    timepilot
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 3

The black disc that CDs snap on to didn’t survive the most recent move and it can’t be repaired. The metal spindle is intact, I just need the plastic disc that attaches to it. I know these are NLA from B&O but maybe somebody is 3d printing them or has a 9000/9300/9500 they’re parting out?

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

Hi and welcome to Beoworld.

This problem came up quite often in the old forums – I can vaguely remember that someone manufactured something but can’t find the thread now.  It could be worth a more in depth search.

As an alternative, you could use something like this:  https://www.quality-dream-audio.co.uk/new-spare-parts/clip.html

By the way, I think the problem is confined to the BC9000.  BC9300/9500 use a different CD mechanism and the spindle is different (and doesn’t fail).

timepilot
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 3

Thank you, Guy! I found the person who designed a replacement via 3d printing and he is going to send me the STL file so I can print one myself. And thank you for the information distinguishing my 9000 from the 9300/9500.

Jack

kronzilla
            • Topics Started 34
            • Total Posts 90

Regarding the differences:

beocenter 9000 has another laser than the 9500 ( identical to cd5500) and the 9300 has original cdm4, upgraded to cdpro ( same laser like Beosound 1 cd).

timepilot
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 3

Here are my experimental files for the 9000 CD spindle. You will have to play with them a little depending upon your printer. The original file sent to me did not render properly on my resin printer but it might work fine on a filament printer. Anyway, use these as you see fit. I’m not responsible if you print one of these, jam it in your deck, and it doesn’t fit. I will say I had a hell of a time scaling the original file to the exact right dimensions using the crappy software that came with my printer but it can be done.

EDIT: I had a friend print several discs for me with various settings on his Crealty Ender 3 filament printer and one came out almost perfect. Using the base file included in this zip, we scaled it up 6% which made the central D cylinder fit perfectly on the motor spindle. It was necessary to *carefully* sand a little of the outer diameter off using a 1000 grit emery board to get CDs to fit right. Don’t go finer than 1000 or you risk the disc not gripping the CD and just spinning inside of it. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds