BV6-26 – use of DVI Socket

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    stotty1111
    BRONZE Member

(EDIT: Moved from Ouverture thread)

And another unrelated question …

I have an old BV 6-26 tv, it came out of a hotel years ago, it has limited functions, 2 scarts and essentially nothing else, I have just read the manual on here, and it indicates a DVI socket, just had a look and yes, it has, it is non operational with the limited menu facilities. I would like to use it as a pc monitor as well using the DVI.

I vaguely recall the key to access the inner memory setup features on theBV tv’s is

menu 0, 0 go,

is that correct? if not, what is it   —   if you are wary about using the forum, please pm me!

Thanks in advance

T

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by stotty1111.
      • This topic was modified 1 year ago by stotty1111.
      • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Guy.
      • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Guy. Reason: Moved from Ouverture thread
      Guy
      GOLD Member
        • Warwickshire, UK

I vaguely recall the key to access the inner memory setup features on theBV tv’s is menu 0, 0 go,

Service Mode is indeed accessed by going to a SETUP menu and then pressing 0 0 GO

But the DVI socket is usually selected by simply pressing PC on the Beo4. I doubt that it has been disabled due to the previous hotel use, so I would definitely try this first.

You may have to add PC to the LIST button on the Beo4.

EDIT: As you are a GOLD member, you will be able to view the Service Manual on site – there is some useful info about service mode. Try not to muck up any settings – it is often best to take a photo of the screen before changing anything!

BV6-26 Manuals are here:  https://beoworld.org/manuals_view.asp?pid=549

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Guy.
        stotty1111
        BRONZE Member

Yeap, thanks!

Have tried the DVI to HDMI cable to link the pc and tv , my Beo4 is one without joystick, it is prog’d with pc, pressinggo after selecting pc generates a black screen,pressing menu gives a screen for setting up the picture and volume but nothing else, then menu 0 0 go gives nothing, on the 2 x scart inputs, gives access to the 2 setup menus, but can’t find any ref to the dvi socket.

I will follow your link tomorrow, but not hopeful, i think the tv was produced to a bare minimum unit with no or few whistles and flutes!

Back to it tomorrow!

stotty1111
          BRONZE Member

Ok, looked at the link, in actual fact i had found them yesterday!

The only sockets I have are

AV1 ,  AV2,  IR in,  masterlink,  A1,  A2,  AV3 sound input L&R, and the 5 sockets for surround sound.

DVI socket, with connection to an HDMI socket on the pc, pressing menu gives a screen showing state of brilliance, contrast, colour, and sound , no screen showing pc output, perhaps that part of the tv programming is inactive, can it be activated? if so, how? and by me?

stotty1111
            BRONZE Member

Thanks for splitting the topic!

Guy
              GOLD Member
                • Warwickshire, UK

Thanks for splitting the topic!

No problem – it seemed sensible.

DVI socket, with connection to an HDMI socket on the pc, pressing menu gives a screen showing state of brilliance, contrast, colour, and sound , no screen showing pc output, perhaps that part of the tv programming is inactive, can it be activated? if so, how? and by me?

So I assume that you have selected the DVI socket by pressing PC on the remote.

I would check the PC’s hdmi output initially – you want to make sure that it will output something in a resolution compatible with the BV6 so you may have to experiment within the PC’s display settings. Also, the PC’s hdmi socket may not be active by default, so you may need to use the computer to turn it on and then decide whether it is an additional screen or a mirror of the main screen.

Guy
                GOLD Member
                  • Warwickshire, UK

Further to the above, the maximum resolution of the BV6 screen is 1280 x 768.

If you are using Windows 10, go into the computer’s ‘settings’ then ‘display’ menu, and try adjusting the ‘display resolution’ figure to match the TV. You could also use the multiple display menu (or ‘advanced display settings’ menu) to control what the PC is outputting on its hdmi socket.

EDIT: Before adjusting anything on your PC, note the current display settings so that you can restore it to the original state!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Guy.
                  stotty1111
                  BRONZE Member

Tried various resolutions, had to use the scart input to change them them transfer lead to dvi, non worked  —  rapidly coming to the conclusion its programming need in the 6-26!

stotty1111
                    BRONZE Member

The system tells me the ideal resolution is 1024×768 convinced its the 6-26!

Guy
                      GOLD Member
                        • Warwickshire, UK

Ok maybe have a look in the service menu. Two things to try:

– Look for a ‘BtB’ setting and see if you can turn it off. (This is the Business to Business software that the TV would have used when it was in a Hotel).

– If the above doesn’t work, you could try the TV’s ‘reset to default’ that should be in the ‘Monitor’ part of the service menu.

Also it may be worth trying another hdmi -> DVI lead – they are not all wired the same way.

stotty1111
                        BRONZE Member

No BtB setting on the main menu tried others, its not there!

Tried the DVI > Hdmi lead on the 7-32 works fine so that has irradicated cable probs

Reset to default the 6-26, now I cannot access the tv using   pc > go on the beo4. I have reassigned the scart inputs, they both work, so confirms I think it’s a tv programming prob!

Tignum
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Netherlands

Hi, I do have a BC6-26(9280), and I do recall that I had to put the ‘HDCP mode’ setting to ‘hdmi’ or ‘disabled’, where ‘HDMI’ worked for my AppleTV

The menu for that is found with Be04 when the ‘cursor’ is at the ‘settings’ position in the TV menu (don’t press GO yet), then press the red arrow button, then press GO.

Go here (sorry it is in Dutch:-))

20230315_180422

Then press ‘red arrow’, and then ‘GO’

20230315_180435

20230315_180446

20230315_180453

I am not 100% sure if this is useful, as I understood that not all BV26’s have the ‘hd ready’ kit. But worth a try maybe?

Good luck, Johan

Guy
                            GOLD Member
                              • Warwickshire, UK

Hi, I do have a BC6-26(9280), and I do recall that I had to put the ‘HDCP mode’ setting to ‘hdmi’ or ‘disabled’, where ‘HDMI’ worked for my AppleTV

I remember that too for either my BV6-26 or BC6-26, but I couldn’t find it in the Service Manual for the earlier models. Hopefully stotty can find it, otherwise I have run out of ideas other than taking the TV aspart to see if any hotel (BtB) hardware is left inside!

stotty1111
                              BRONZE Member

Thanks for that, just tried it, menu go, menu 0 0 go list , 2 items, monitor and tv tunr, tried pressing the red arrow then go, just got the normal ttv tuner list ie choice of country etc

tried again , pressing red arrow and go together , nothing

I have no idea as to the model number, no labels visible, but as previously said, it is probably 20ish years old, with an analogue tuner!

Tignum
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Netherlands

Hi stotty, don’t press red arrow and GO together! Please try ‘red button’, let go, then ‘GO’. 🙂

stotty1111
                                  BRONZE Member

tried that first, didn’t work  🙁

Tony

Carolpa
                                    BRONZE Member

What signal is going out of your PC? Interlaced, as it should be for the BV6, or progressive?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Carolpa.
                                      stotty1111
                                      BRONZE Member

I wouldn’t know, we are getting into the realms of black magic here!   😉

The only observation I can make would be that I have 2x Lenovo Ideacentre Q190’s, they both work through a 7-32 with a DVI socket so i would have assumed the outputs would have worked through the 6-26. But, bear in mind it was a ‘special’ for use in a hotel. The unit did come via a B&O outlet in Chester UK! So, I would assume some prep by them was made!

Guy
                                        GOLD Member
                                          • Warwickshire, UK

My BV6-26 was probably just as old (with an analogue tuner) and also had started life in a hotel. When using the DVI input my two problems were firstly getting the resolution right (as we have discussed), and secondly High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).

As far as I am aware, TV’s that are not HD-ready cannot display an hdmi signal with HDCP. You may find that you can go into your IdeaCentre’s graphics settings and turn off HDCP to see if this is the cause of the problem.

When I used an Apple TV with my BV6 I also used an audio extractor (to get the sound out of the hdmi) which had the advantage of stripping the HDCP from the signal so that the TV would display it.

I described my DVI experience in this post:  https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/hdmi-connection-for-beovision-7-mk1/#post-1707

stotty1111
                                          BRONZE Member

Firstly, thanks for all your suggestions.

I think my problem is more basic, having reset the 6-26 to default I can no longer get the tv to respond to PC Go on the Beo4, it is not present on the menu > connections listing, when called by the Beo4 it eventually defaults to the analogue tv which is not activated.

So, I think I need to open up the  box to see what’s actually in there   —   maybe the apparent activation of the DVI was a left over from its hotel use,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.