B&O Radio

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    steve1977
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 54

Any experience with B&O Radio and how it compares with TuneIn?

Initial announcement mentioned that all NL speakers will be upgraded to B&O Radio by Q4/2022. Has this happened?

PhilLondon
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 23

Beosound core has not been updated…

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
        BRONZE Member
          • Toronto, Canada
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 225

It’s not great. Tunein has way more options.

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 24
            • Total Posts 1,084

It’s not great. Tunein has way more options.

———

Could you please describe the differences.

MM

Mark
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 7
              • Total Posts 144

Tunein had some internet radio stations that I listen to that B&O Radio didn’t initially have.  I made a request to B&O to see if they could add them and they did shortly after.

lawrencejmcook
              GOLD Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 8

B&O originally promised B&O Radio on the old devices (BS Essence, BS Core, etc.) in 2Q2022, then pushed it out to 4Q2022.  I can’t wait for it to happen – TuneIn doesn’t have NRK Jazz here in the UK.  I just want to have the same favourites on all my devices – makes it easier to remember what’s what.

In the meantime I turn on my BS Level then Join on one of my Beolink devices.

BeoTool
                GOLD Member
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Total Posts 45

There may be some geography-based licensing restriction that preclude Radio in your area.  Dunno.

Mark
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 7
                    • Total Posts 144

Do you know what setting that is?  When I use the app to control my Beosound 2, go to Radio and select the B&O Radio tab, and then a B&O Radio station I get:

Action not supported by the selected product.

BeoTool
                    GOLD Member
                      • Topics Started 4
                      • Total Posts 45

Sorry, Mark.  I mis-remembered.

Millemissen
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Flensborg————Danmark
                        • Topics Started 24
                        • Total Posts 1,084

This morning there was a beta app update….which I did install.

It showed me the introduction to the ‘new ui’ and also offered the option of converting from TuneIn to B&O Radio….which then would give you the stations as you are used to – see picture. Meaning an update for all capable devices.
                        Obviously it was/is a general conversion for all devices – not per device.

F257DBD9-B5FB-4282-8A5F-AEC04EDE8818

I did as described – which was rather easy.

Unfortunately this conversion was not complete, only some of my previous TuneIn stations were available in the new B&O Radio part – and also pretty randomized.
                        As you can see in this picture

3740A659-1378-4AD8-85BF-425701A98C8E

Of course I have immidiately made a feedback via the app and am now waiting for answers.

I post this, if someone else (also beta testing) should want to try this out.
                        !!!Maybe you should wait a sec!!!

The TuneIn station list is still visible in the app. However, the stations are not accesable, since all has defaulted to B&O Radio.

Of course I will post as soon as I hear from the app team.

I guess a workaround would be to add the missing stations….but that can not be a solution for everyone.

MM

mbolo01
                        BRONZE Member
                          • France
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 12

With the latest B&O app, feeding B&O favorite radio stations with TuneIn favorites was somehow ok, even if I had to match some manually, BUT, the sort order is reversed in B&O radios following this process, which impacts the way I navigate into the radio list from my Essence Remote. I’ll have to build the B&O list manually to match the TuneIn sort order.

mbolo01
                          BRONZE Member
                            • France
                            • Topics Started 0
                            • Total Posts 12

They really need to improve the radio search and give the opportunity to reorder the list.

mbolo01
                            BRONZE Member
                              • France
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 12

The “search radio” dialog box has been added (back?) in today’s beta.

I’m very looking forward to get radios reordering capability within B&O app, this is a regression coming from TuneIn where radios could be reordered from the TuneIn UI.

laseralex
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 0
                                • Total Posts 8

Can custom URLs be entered in B&O Radio?

I have a few stations that I can’t listen to directly from TuneIn or B&O Radio.  For example, KNKX 88.5FM Seattle-Tacoma does not play correctly on any of my devices – something about their encoding upsets the equipment.  I set up a  Raspberry Pi to receive the official stream and re-stream it in a format that the B&O equipment can play. In TuneIn I was able to set a custom URL to the Raspberry Pi stream so I can listen to my favorite station.  But this requires the ability to set a custom URL, which wasn’t in the B&O Radio last time I looked.  Has this been fixed yet?.

-Alex

Millemissen
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Flensborg————Danmark
                                  • Topics Started 24
                                  • Total Posts 1,084

Can custom URLs be entered in B&O Radio?
                                  I have a few stations that I can’t listen to directly from TuneIn or B&O Radio.

—————

I am not aware that this is possible.

A few posts further up member Mark wrote:
                                  Tunein had some internet radio stations that I listen to that B&O Radio didn’t initially have.  I made a request to B&O to see if they could add them and they did shortly after”.

Maybe they can add your missing station as well………worth a try, I guess.

MM

Mark
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 7
                                    • Total Posts 144

When I made the request to B&O I included the URL’s to the stations and other information I could get about location and web site information.  I assume that B&O will have to contact them to find out if it is ok for them to include their channel in B&O radio.

Mark
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 7
                                      • Total Posts 144

Before my channels were on B&O Radio, I listened to them on TuneIn which was fine because all of my B&O at the time had TuneIn.  There were a times when I would turn on the station and here a message that the radio station couldn’t be streamed to my area.  It turns out there was a dispute between record labels and the station that had to be sorted out, which somehow included my country.  Things were worked out and everything has been fine for a long time, but be mindful that B&O will have to consider rights issues that affect countries differently.

ebnrob
                                      BRONZE Member
                                        • UK
                                        • Topics Started 7
                                        • Total Posts 57

I completed this migration process yesterday but I’m unable to play any of the stations on my Core (newest firmware), I get a message saying ‘action not supported on device’ or similar. Is the new beo radio working for others?

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                                        BRONZE Member
                                          • Toronto, Canada
                                          • Topics Started 9
                                          • Total Posts 225

How exactly does one go about submitting missing radio stations that are in TuneIn but not in B&O Radio please?

Mark
                                          BRONZE Member
                                            • Topics Started 7
                                            • Total Posts 144

What I did was I visited the web site of the internet radio stations that were not on B&O Radio, in my case j-popprojectradio.com.  They had a tab “Listen” which had all the ways you could listen to their stations including streaming URLs.  On the B&O website I used their Contact Us option in Support and told them my request to see if they could add a couple of stations.  I provided the name of the stations, J-PopProjectRadio and J-IdolsProjectRadio, the streaming URLs from the website, the website URL, and location information where the channels originated them.  I tried to provide as much information to B&O as I could that was available, so they could do whatever rights research they needed to do.  I can’t say how long it took to have them added to B&O Radio because I didn’t have a system on the Mozart platform at the time, but I don’t think it took too long. I believe they also added a similar station for me as a bonus, Kawaii Music – laut.fm, as I don’t remember it being there before.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.