Besound Moment battery replacement

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    alebouthillier
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 7

Hi Beosound fan,

My beosound moment juke box (The expansive tablet) was constantly rebooting yesterday (showing the logo, then dark screen and logo again). I tried to reset it (just the juke box with the small pinhole on the top right corner) without any success. The beotool reports all is good and I am able to play music with the hub and the remote App.

I left the jukebox  overnight unconnected to drain the battery and after repluging it this morning it wont charge and the screen is dark. The beotool reports all is still good and the hub still play.

Could it be a dead battery after 5 years. I see that you can buy them online but how to replace it, anyone have done it, service manual?  any help would be appreciated.

Best of music today!

Keith Saunders
        • Hampshire, England
        • Topics Started 28
        • Total Posts 149

It could be the battery given you say it drained when left overnight.

If you do decide to change the battery the instructions of how to do it are belowMoment 1

Moment 2

Moment 3

alebouthillier
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 7

Wow Keith, really appreciate your time in providing this screenshot. This may seems the back wood casing that need to be remove?  Do you have this page of the service manual as well, sorry to abuse your kindness but I don’t want to damage the nice wood, I don’t know how to safely remove it.

If the service manual is available somewhere, I will gladly take it as the juke box is not powering up even when connected, so it might be a bigger issue than just the battery,

Best,

Alex

XavierItzmann
            • Topics Started 31
            • Total Posts 130

I would also be extremely keen on an image of the page that describes how to remove the cover —or perhaps, from the drawing, the front glass (!)— so that one can get to the step of battery removal.

Thank you in advance,

XavierItzmann
              • Topics Started 31
              • Total Posts 130

Never you mind.  I found the video on the old forum:

roundhead
                • Topics Started 7
                • Total Posts 16

Where can you buy the replacement battery please?

Mine has been changed by a sympathetic dealer but a time will come when I will have to sort this myself. Thank you

alebouthillier
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 7

You can find it on amazon but for me the problem was the overheating board.

alebouthillier
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Total Posts 7

I finally bought an another jukebox that only last 6 months. Same overheating issue, you can feel the heat in the tablet. Anyone knows what component get overheated or where to send for repair in the USA or ideally Canada? With moment overheating and beovision avant overheating, it seems a running problem at B&O.

fansastic
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 5

I’m afraid your tablet has died on you. Had to replace the tablet twice now, both times it died on me this way, loop and after draining the battery completely dead. The tablet has very cheap and faulty components in it. That is why the Moment was EOL so soon, there where many software issues which where solved in the end. Directly after it was EOL, I guess they had just about enough stock to overcome the tablet issues for a recent period of time.

If you are able to get a new tablet from B&O you are lucky, otherwise use the tablet as a knife board, you can use the Moment itself as a device still, but need the app to operate it.

Hope this helps

alebouthillier
                        • Topics Started 2
                        • Total Posts 7

The service manual is of no use. I think it’s available for silver member of this forum, not sure if I can post it freely here ?

It basically tells you which component to replace after few voltage tests, not the subcomponent testing, which is what we need here.

In this case it would be probably a subcomponent of PCB01.1. (or 2)  There is a detailed diagram on page 71 and 72 that would allow further diagnostics. I have sent one of my defective unit to a local repair shop to see if they have more luck.

These are the components that can be replaced:

Replace 999 Module, Main chassis …………………………………………………….. 4.3
                        Replacement of battery ……………………………………………………………………. 4.4
                        BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart) in service position 1 ……………………… 4.6
                        BeoSound Moment hub (SoundHeart) in service position 2 ……………………… 4.8
                        Replace PCB01.1, Main Board …………………………………………………………. 4.12
                        Replace PCB01.2, Main Processor …………………………………………………….. 4.13
                        Replace PCB02, Interface Board ………………………………………………………… 4.14
                        Replace PCB04, Power Supply ………………………………………………………….. 4.15
                        Replace PCB82.1, Wireless Antenna ………………………………………………….. 4.16
                        Replace PCB82.2, Wireless Antenna …………………………………………………. 4.18
                        Replace PCB86, Wireless Power Link Tx ……………………………………………… 4.19
                        Replacement of Charging Interface – W3 ……………………………………………. 4.20

bnousr
                          • Malmo, Sweden
                          • Topics Started 4
                          • Total Posts 35

From what I can see there are no available documents available for download for the Moment which should be available if it existed based on that I’m gold member. Instead of sharing here in the forum, I would suggest that you contact the BeoWorld team and offer them to include the document in the document library.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds