BeoVox Penta Center Channel Concept

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVox BeoVox Penta Center Channel Concept

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Evan
      • San Francisco
      • Topics Started 9
      • Total Posts 167

The woofer baskets are horribly e-coated and are a nasty greenish-brown. I might mask the speaker and spray them black so they don’t look so sickly when exposed!

Evan
        • San Francisco
        • Topics Started 9
        • Total Posts 167

Ok guys – getting caught up. Parents are visiting me soon so I’ve been frantically putting the house together and not spending as much time on this but there are some nice chunks of progress.

Here is what I’m calling the woofer baffle, being printed for the first time. This is a test for fitment (speakers and fasteners etc) but also a test for the color! Very much a pastel yellow compared to normal, opaque yellow PLA but it should look very nice in situ once my partner and I get the room all put together.

IMG_4122

IMG_4124

The print was good overall, but I did change some geometry to try and improve the quality. There was one corner that lifted slightly and the banding is quite serious so this part will not get used in the end I think.

Also, since I just changed the nozzle from 0.4mm to 1.0mm, there were some bone-headed slicer oversights so now those are updated as well.

Final print settings are going to be 0.3mm layer height, 18% gyroid infill and 3mm shell. Final printed part should be ~920g. Nearly an entire spool!

Evan
          • San Francisco
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 167

IMG_4132IMG_4131

Some close ups of the parts. Woofers fit perfectly and the plastic-thread screws also went in smoothly and without any issues. The woofers have retained their gaskets well so they should be ok to re-use.

Really nice to see this thing taking shape!

Evan
            • San Francisco
            • Topics Started 9
            • Total Posts 167

The tweemid module will be removeable since it may need to be disassembled in the future for servicing. The woofer baffles however will be permanently bonded (epoxied likely) to a wood baffle so I incorporated 1/2″ dowels into the design. in order to locate the parts during assembly later on.

IMG_4134

Evan
              • San Francisco
              • Topics Started 9
              • Total Posts 167

Here is the baffle sub-assembly design so far. Still need to complete the design of the tweemid baffle and design in the enclosure for the midranges.

Baffle assembly sketch 5.23

Evan
                • San Francisco
                • Topics Started 9
                • Total Posts 167

Hey everyone! Busy weekend here but managed to hustle the printer along to make some progress. 80 hours later, I have two very sturdy woofer baffles ready. These parts need a little bit of clean up but overall they are in great shape.

Looking forward to getting some of this assembled!

Printed woofer baffles

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.