Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beovision MX 6000/Beo4 Remote SCART to HDMI for Amazon Fire TV Stick

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision MX 6000/Beo4 Remote SCART to HDMI for Amazon Fire TV Stick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Celia
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

Hello,

I have a Beovision MX 6000/Beo4 remote and attempting to connect an Amazon Fire TV Stick to it using a HDMI-SCART adapter. I am in France. I purchased the following adapter:

I have connected the adapter to power via the USB provided and am using an iphone charger block to power it.

On the television AV2 is used by my decoder. I have set AV1  Socket to “V-Tape-1”.

When I power up the Fire TV Stick and push the remote button for “Vtape”, nothing appears at all on the screen.

I have searched the forums and can not find an answer to this specifically but some with televisions that are pretty close in age with owners wishing to use streaming devices with them. I am sorry if I should not have started a new thread. I am hoping it is not impossible and I am missing something or purchased the wrong adapter.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Celia
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 2

Thanks Guy,

You are correct this adapter is pretty “low end” p. It is from Amazon. Instructions were all in Chinese characters but I was able to discern it requires only 5V so the iPhone block “should” power it.

I will take your advice and try the AV2 just to see. I thought about doing that yesterday but as you suggested, did not want to jam up the works.

I promise to report back and please, if anyone has a good suggestion for a high quality converter, I’m happy to try it!

Again, many thanks for helping me.

Kind regards

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 1,233

Good morning and welcome to Beoworld!

Unfortunately the link/picture that you attached did not work, so we can’t see exactly what hdmi to SCART converter you are using.

However, some of the cheaper converters of this type can be quite unreliable, and it can take a bit of experimentation to get good results.

You say that you are powering the converter via an iPhone charger block; if this is the smaller type then they only supply approx 5W which may not be enough power to supply the converter.   Try a different adaptor, perhaps the iPad version which supplies at least 12W.

Otherwise, maybe experiment with connecting to the TV’s AV2 SCART connection, but be careful to keep a note of its current settings so that you do not muck up your decoder!

pepps
          GOLD Member
            • Kent, UK
            • Topics Started 21
            • Total Posts 145

Hello,

You might struggle to use a Firestick with that BV because of HDCP restrictions.
            Guy is correct in that only some converters will remove the restrictions. Trouble is afaik it’s not legal to advertise this feature.

Julian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision MX 6000/Beo4 Remote SCART to HDMI for Amazon Fire TV Stick

• You must be logged in to create new topics.