Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Beovision 7 LED – LCD Panel disassamble?

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 7 LED – LCD Panel disassamble?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tabloka
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 12
      • Total Posts 24

Hi forum,

has anybody disassambled the LCD panel of a Beovision 7 with LED backlight? I don’t ask for removing the LCD panel (I did it already) but to disassable the whole device itself. I have the problem with ‘no backlight’ and so I would like to check the LEDs individually.

Regards Michael

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,233

Can you find a part number somewhere, search for another brand TV in which the panel is used and then find a YouTube video to explain dismantling the panel itself?

I have just dismantled the panel in a edge-lit Samsung 32″ TV to try to fix a backlighting problem. In my case it’s actually unrepairable as the light diffuser sheet is cracked giving internal reflections. If it had simply been an LED problem it would have been an easy fix, hence well worth attempting.

In the Samsung I had to disconnect a couple of ribbon connectors from the timing controller to the LCD screen, unclip all around the screen and then the LCD panel simply pulled away to expose the LED edge strip (and diffuser sheet behind).

I couldn’t find my exact model, but here’s an example of one of the many videos that I referred to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h433tokO1U

EDIT: This video was also quite useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tymvTJDxo

jvezina
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 43

There is a sticker at the back of the panel itself with the Samsung brand. The model number is usually in bold. Take a picture and post it here.

Tabloka
          GOLD Member
            • Topics Started 12
            • Total Posts 24

EDIT: This video was also quite useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77tymvTJDxo

This video is quite interesting for my repair attemps. I have to look at the video a couple of times. Despite this is a B&O Beovision there is a SAMSUNG LCD panel inside. I don’t know which one but the video is great.

Thanks a lot. Michael

Tabloka
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 12
              • Total Posts 24

Can you find a part number somewhere, search for another brand TV in which the panel is used and then find a YouTube video to explain dismantling the panel itself?

Does anybody know where to look for the part number in the Beovision 7-40 MK6?

Tabloka
              GOLD Member
                • Topics Started 12
                • Total Posts 24

I dismanteled the LCD panel and could check the LED stribes. These are edge stribes with the number for L/H G1LE-400SMC-R6 and for R/H G1LE-400SMD-R6. Unfortunately they are NOT defect.

@jvezina
                : I couldn’t find any sticker. But I have to say that I didn’t remove the last layer. Nonetheless I could remove the two stribes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Beovision 7 LED – LCD Panel disassamble?

• You must be logged in to create new topics.