BeoVision 7: change/switch assignments on Ben 4 remote

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoVision 7: change/switch assignments on Ben 4 remote

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    THEIN
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello all,
      I’m fairly new to this forum and I’m currently having a problem with my (old) BeoVision 7-40 TV and Beo 4 remote control. I just can’t seem to come up with the right solution, but I suspect it should be relatively simple. However, I can not get any further and hope that someone here can help me.

I also use a Sky TV receiver and an Apple TV with my BeoVision 7. Both are connected via HDMI. When I press the TV button on the Beo 4 remote control, the TV turns on and the Sky receiver is automatically selected as the input signal. When I press the SAT/DVB button, I switch to the internal TV tuner, which gets its signal from both cable TV and satellite TV cable.

The Sky receiver is registered on the AV1 socket and the source name is also ‘TV’. Now I would like to change the assignment of the two buttons TV and SAT/DVB on the Beo 4 remote control. So if I press TV, the internal tuner should be addressed, if I press SAT/DBV, then the Sky Receiver should be connected. And that’s exactly what I can’t do.

If someone could explain to me step by step what I need to change here where and how, that would be fantastic.

Thank you very much!

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806

You basicly want to ‘swap’ both.

This can only be done if you reassign one of the inputs to something different (in order to free up the button on the remote).
        After that you can change the other and (because that button now has been freed), you can give the first one the ‘name’ that you want.

Short….if you want to use the Beo4-button – that you already use – for another input, you will have to free the input of its assignment before you can go on.

MM

Guy
        BRONZE Member
          • Warwickshire, UK
          • Topics Started 16
          • Total Posts 1,044

For a TV as complex as the BV7, it is well worth reading the manual in detail in order to adjust the setup to your preference.

The B&O support site shows several BV7 manuals here: https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041950191

So it is well worth working out which version of the BV7 that you have (from the Type Number) and then reading the correct manual in depth.  You will need to look at the ‘TV Tuner Setup’, ‘Connections’, and ‘Registering Additional Equipment’ sections, as a minimum.

Once you have had a look through the manual, come back to the forum if there is anything that you don’t understand, or can’t get to work as expected.  It can be quite daunting if you are new to B&O! 😮

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg/Danmark
            • Topics Started 27
            • Total Posts 806

@Guy

If the BV7 used by THEIN has the option of assigning a HDMI input to ‘TV’, it is a later version!
            With the earlier versions one could not do this.
            Also it depends on the SW version of the BV….not just the actual BV type/version.

MM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds