Beovision 10-32 ‘Boot-Up’ time over masterlink

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK

Whilst temporarily living in a rental property, the only piece of B&O equipment that I am currently using is my Beovision 10-32 in the living room. It is fitted with the DVB-HD (T2C) module, and the boot-up time (from pressing ‘TV’ to a picture appearing) is just over 30 seconds.

Whilst I can live with this delay for TV (there is little that I am in a rush to see!), I also use the TV for radio. I currently do this via the Freeview radio channels – eg channel 704 for BBC Radio 4. Of course these take just as long to ‘boot-up’ as TV programmes, which I find frustrating.

My question is this: If I connected a B&O audiomaster (eg BS3000) to the BV10-32 by masterlink, making use of the TV’s speakers, would pressing ‘RADIO’ on the remote result in an instant response – i.e radio audio without the ‘boot up’ delay? Or does the TV still need to go through the 30-second ‘boot-up’ process to play masterlinked audio?

Keith Saunders
      Administrator
        • Hampshire, England

The short answer is it will take the same length of time.

The long answer is whilst the TV does have a boot up time, the main delay is the Masterlink power on sequence even if you don’t have something connected to the Masterlink.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

Thanks Keith – that’s very useful to know. I think that I’ll look for another solution, perhaps add a Beosound 1 (original version) to my collection!

stefan
          FOUNDER Member

Whilst temporarily living in a rental property, the only piece of B&O equipment that I am currently using is my Beovision 10-32 in the living room. It is fitted with the DVB-HD (T2C) module, and the boot-up time (from pressing ‘TV’ to a picture appearing) is just over 30 seconds. Whilst I can live with this delay for TV (there is little that I am in a rush to see!), I also use the TV for radio. I currently do this via the Freeview radio channels – eg channel 704 for BBC Radio 4. Of course these take just as long to ‘boot-up’ as TV programmes, which I find frustrating. My question is this: If I connected a B&O audiomaster (eg BS3000) to the BV10-32 by masterlink, making use of the TV’s speakers, would pressing ‘RADIO’ on the remote result in an instant response – i.e radio audio without the ‘boot up’ delay? Or does the TV still need to go through the 30-second ‘boot-up’ process to play masterlinked audio?

Boot up time on my BV10-32 for RADIO (from BS9000 over ML – BS9000 A.OPT 0 in mainroom and BV10-32 in V.OPT 6 in linkroom) is 7 seconds.

Boot up time BV10-32 for direct TV (with an old PUC connected HD Dreambox, Sat receiver) is 17 seconds.

Boot up time on my BV7-40 with built in Beo HD Satreceiver is 38 sec. – with Dreambox on the same BV 17 sec.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK

Boot up time on my BV10-32 for RADIO (from BS9000 over ML – BS9000 A.OPT 0 in mainroom and BV10-32 in V.OPT 6 in linkroom) is 7 seconds. Boot up time BV10-32 for direct TV (with an old PUC connected HD Dreambox, Sat receiver) is 17 seconds. Boot up time on my BV7-40 with built in Beo HD Satreceiver is 38 sec. – with Dreambox on the same BV 17 sec. Hope this helps Stefan

Thanks for that stefan – very useful to know! 7 seconds is not too bad at all.

However, I decided to go an alternative route and got hold of a BeoSound 1 (with FM radio and CD) to solve my ‘instant’ radio requirement. It’s more than adequate for the current living room.

Prior to getting the BeoSound I was going to do some experimenting with ML cable, a BeoLink1611 and my BeoCenter 2300, but my B&O collection is currently in these boxes which aren’t labelled too well. I suspect the 1611 converter is in the box in the far corner! Far easier to buy something new!

IMG_5889

PS: Since that photo was taken there are more (non-B&O) boxes on top and alongside!

matador
                • Paris France

my B&O collection is currently in these boxes…

Looking forward plenty of “unboxing” vids!       🙂

Guy
                  • Warwickshire, UK

Looking forward plenty of “unboxing” vids!

Some of the stuff has been in boxes for 12 years (and 6 house moves!), so it will indeed be exciting to find out what’s there.  When UK house prices plummet ‘🤞’ and I can afford to buy my ‘forever house’, I look forward to getting everything out and working out where to put it. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.