Beotalk 1200

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoTalk Beotalk 1200

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shg79
    SILVER Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hi members

I have a Beotalk 1200 with handbook on offer to any interested member. Having moved to digital phones this no longer works with my Beocom phones. It is free to any member as I would like it to continue to be useful. It was a really good piece of kit.

All I ask if Member would cover the postage

Regards shg79

CharlieWednesday
      GOLD Member
        • Liverpool
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 48

I’ve just spotted this, and if it’s still on offer, I’d like it very much!  I have recently bought a couple of Beocom 6000’s on eBay, and the village I live in is not due to go digital any time soon.

CharlieWednesday
        GOLD Member
          • Liverpool
          • Topics Started 16
          • Total Posts 48

Thank you so much shg79 for sending me the Beotalk 1200.  The village I live in is not going to have it’s phone lines updated any time soon so I expect I’ll get some use out of it for a good while yet!  Most of all though, it looks cool next to my Beocom 6000.

I wonder though, do they work together an any way?  I have checked the manual for both and there is no mention of it, but B&O do often like to make their stuff work together,  usually.

Even one simple thing – if I were to get an RJ11 splitter, do you think the same power adapter would be able to power both?  Has anyone tried that?

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,239

Even one simple thing – if I were to get an RJ11 splitter, do you think the same power adapter would be able to power both?  Has anyone tried that?

As I recall the Beocom PSU is 7.5V and the Beotalk 9V – I wouldn’t risk it!

CharlieWednesday
            GOLD Member
              • Liverpool
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 48

Too late – I risked it!  I only plugged it in for a minute to see if it worked (it did), but the weird thing is, when I plugged the power supply back into my Beocom 6000, the light started flashing and it says ‘Line Busy’ when I look at the display, so maybe I’ve broken the damned power adapter!  You can get replacements pretty cheap on eBay, and I’ve only got myself to blame eh!?

CharlieWednesday
              GOLD Member
                • Liverpool
                • Topics Started 16
                • Total Posts 48

Ah, turns out the problem is with the phone line – I don’t really use my landline so only realised today that it wasn’t working, and it’s only this that made me discover it wasn’t working; it could have been out of action for days.  At least I didn’t break it!  Openreach engineer is due in a few days.

Confusing about the power supply though – I have looked on eBay at the pictures of those selling Beotalk 1200s with a power supply so I can see if it should be a 7.5v or 9v and it looks like it’s…. both.  Some are pictured with a 7.5v transformer and some with a 9v.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoTalk Beotalk 1200

• You must be logged in to create new topics.