BeoSystem 4 Auxiliary In

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    BRONZE Member

I finally found a Beogram 8002 in good working condition!  I have a Soundsmith cartridge and phono preamp.  I would like to connect this to the auxilary in on my BeoSystem 4 and I was wondering if B&O has a RCA to BeoSystem 4 Din cable in about a meter length.?

Millemissen
      GOLD Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark

They do – or at least they did.
        I use one myself (which is longer).

However, you will have to ask a dealer, if he still can order it.

Maybe Steve@SoundsHeavenly knows more.

MM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Millemissen.
        Mark
        BRONZE Member

Thanks MM.

I’ve contacted my dealer and haven’t heard back from them yet.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they still have it available.  It’s definately not their standard DIN!

I am very pleased with this 8002 as it has been refurbished and seems to work very well. This will be my second 8002 from eBay.  The first was nothing but trouble, and the old B&O repair shop around here (when we had B&O dealers) had it several times for different issues and the fix never lasted!  Probably needs a capacitor overhaul.

It’s nice to have a record player again!

beoandy
          BRONZE Member

hi! it´s a mini din 9-pin on the beosystem 4

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-15 um 10.23.08

beoandy

Mark
            BRONZE Member

Thanks Beoandy!

That actually helps! If I can’t get a cable from my dealer maybe I can get one made.  It looks like the mini 9-pin dins to make your own cable are a bit hard to find.

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK

I have not used this supplier but here’s a cable: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134055567663

Add one of these for RCA: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123024786244

Otherwise I am pretty sure that B&O supply a mini 9-pin to SCART plug/socket – see the following details (with part numbers) from the Beolink Handbook (click image for larger picture):

scart mini av

Then if needed your could stick one of these on the end of the SCART: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333261656955

Mark
                BRONZE Member

I’ll keep these options in mind.  My first preference is to use the minimum number of cables needed, but if I can’t find a stereo RCA to 9-pin mini din cable then I may have to go this route.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.