Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosounds – when to replace onboard backup battery?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BeoMedia
    BRONZE Member

Hello,
      In an attempt to preserve these early classics when is it recommended to replace the onboard backup batteries in the Beosounds from the 90’s and younger?
      Eg the Ouverture, 3000, 3200 and even the BC2300.

1) replace when stored presets like radio stations and sound settings are no longer stored?
      2) replace after x amount of years to prevent battery acid leakage?

Is there any service recommendation from B&O or experience from Beoworld users?

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark

3) Replace when you allready have it open for belt replacing etc.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

Battery life may also depend on how the unit has been used.  My mother-in-law and I both have BC9500s of similar age.  She used to turn hers off at the wall power switch every night, and her battery failed about 10 years ago.  Mine is still going strong (or at least it was when I put it in a box about 2 years ago!).  So I guess the battery has to work a bit harder if it is compensating for lack of mains power more frequently, or for longer periods overall.

But I agree with madskp – something else is likely to fail before the battery so just replace while it is dismantled.  Plus the BC2300 and similar models are far easier to replace then BC9500.

I plan to replace batteries in my BC9500 and second BC2300 in the coming weeks when I give them a quick clean and service. I was also going to do the same for my two BeoSound 1s, but they are working well in daily use so I am hesitant to start poking around inside – not even sure where the battery is!

Madskp
          GOLD Member
            • Denmark

2) could also be replace in any case to prevent battery leakage.

But as Guy notes the batteri condition can vary much dependent on the use of the product

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark

A good example of why preventive battery (super capacitor in this case) replement is a good idea

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/topic/beoplay-v1-not-turning-on/page/2/#post-55567

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.