Beosound Ouverture CD not working

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Ouverture CD not working

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Madskp
    GOLD Member
      • Denmark
      • Topics Started 35
      • Total Posts 837

Quick photo of display with contrast too high (do I mean too low?) – only BBC R2, RADIO A and STEREO should be visible!  It is much better viewed direct on, rather than at an angle.

Very good illustration of how it should not be 🙂

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 837

Getting back to my Ouverture project I have now per Guy’s suggestion in another thread tried to play a CD which use the full 74 minute playtime. I have played it several times, and the Ouverture can play the whole CD without problems.

The problem that I have to press CD twice to get the CD spinning remains however.

I have tried to reflow alle the new capacitors just in case one of them had a bad connection, but that did not make any difference.

The updated part of the servicemanual for the CDM laser available at Beoworld has this passage which might very well be what I am experiencing:

Skærmbillede 2024-04-12 kl. 16.21.44

However section 5 is not in the update for the servicemanual, and the procedure described in the older servicemanual is for a PCB with two trimmer potentiometers which is not on the PCB in my Ouverture

Skærmbillede 2024-04-12 kl. 16.24.55

So I wonder if a newer version of section 5 in the servicemanual is available?

Also I would have to get hold of the described test CD to do these adjustments

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 35
          • Total Posts 837

I have also checked the battery to see if there should be any leakage.

It looks fine for now, and I meassure a voltage of 2,93V, so not high priority before the othe issue is solved

IMG_9820

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,239

Yes it’s strange that it refers you back to a section that is made out of date by the CDM modification.  Looking at the circuit diagram for the new CD interface board (PCB89) I can’t see anything that is adjustable anyway.  Nor is there anything adjustable on the CD Servo and Decoder board – PCB88.

I think your Ouverture and my BC2300 share the same board, like the one for sale here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/375101801373

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 35
              • Total Posts 837

yes that is the same PCB I have in the Ouverture

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Ouverture CD not working

• You must be logged in to create new topics.