Beosound Moment and Beolink Wireless

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Beosound Moment and Beolink Wireless

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Guy
      • Warwickshire, UK
      • Topics Started 15
      • Total Posts 1,355

The good news for MisterBG is that the Beosound Moment has inbuilt WISA that will transmit to WISA wireless speakers – some of the newer Beolabs have WISA receivers built-in.

In order to provide the WISA facility for older speakers, B&O introduced the Beolab Receiver 1, which acts as a WISA receiver and provides a Powerlink output to Beolab speakers.  One Beolab Receiver 1 is required for each Beolab (Left and Right).

However (as Beobuddy has just pointed out) the BL5 is incompatible with Beolab Receiver 1.  This is explained in this thread, in which Steve also suggests a workaround making use of the BL5s’ Line inputs: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/25222/201651.aspx#201651

So MisterBG could either buy a couple of Beolab Receiver 1s and use Steve’s workaround, or stick with the wired solution.

MisterBG
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 6

The good news for MisterBG is that the Beosound Moment has inbuilt WISA that will transmit to WISA wireless speakers – some of the newer Beolabs have WISA receivers built-in. In order to provide the WISA facility for older speakers, B&O introduced the Beolab Receiver 1, which acts as a WISA receiver and provides a Powerlink output to Beolab speakers. One Beolab Receiver 1 is required for each Beolab (Left and Right). However (as Beobuddy has just pointed out) the BL5 is incompatible with Beolab Receiver 1. This is explained in this thread, in which Steve also suggests a workaround making use of the BL5s’ Line inputs: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/25222/201651.aspx#201651 So MisterBG could either buy a couple of Beolab Receiver 1s and use Steve’s workaround, or stick with the wired solution.

@Guy
        thank you for the workaround, leaving me stuck with my 6 BLW ! Anyone interested ;-D

MisterBG
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 6

Hi all !

I am desperately trying to “air” my Beolab 5, linked today (and doing a fine job at it) with powerlink cables, with Beolink Wireless Transmitter / Receivers.

Has  anyone already succeeded such pairing ?

Pleeeeease, i am going crazy !

• Beosound Moment functional
          • Beolab 5 functional with Powerlink cables
          • Beolink Wireless Transmitter + Receivers functional + IREye (come from 2nd house, working)
          • pairing Beolink Wireless Transmitter + Receivers is ok (green light on both units going to stand-by red)
          • when i start the BS Moment, no sounds. Then i press the “play” button on the IREye :  both units LEDs turn green instantly but no sound.

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 24
            • Total Posts 1,084

No need to go crazy – your 5’s seem to work great……with PL.

A connection with a receiver 1 is – with the 5’s – not possible.

At least I know of noone, who has made that possible.

MM

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 15
              • Total Posts 1,355

Can I just ask whether you are talking about the Beolink ‘Wireless 1’ – the 2006 version with the little switch on the base where you chose whether it is a transmitter or receiver, as described here: https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=1028

MisterBG
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 6

Hi Guy,

yes, I have the little switch.

the transmitter is on T, the receiver is on R (wouln’t pair otherwise i guess ?)

thank you for the help !

MisterBG
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 6

@Guy @MM

thank you for your answers

looking at the 3rd paragraph from the end here https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=1028, i thought that BL5 were compatible, no ?

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK
                    • Topics Started 15
                    • Total Posts 1,355

The Beolink Wireless 1 will only distribute Masterlink, which your Beosound Moment does not have.  You cannot use the Beolink Wireless to bridge a PowerLink connection.

Before we suggest solutions, is your intention to have the BL5s in the same room as the Moment, and are they the only speakers that you wish to connect?

Beobuddy
                    GOLD Member
                      • Topics Started 5
                      • Total Posts 84

No need to go crazy – your 5’s seem to work great……with PL. A connection with a receiver 1 is – with the 5’s – not possible. At least I know of noone, who has made that possible. MM

A question which did came up last weekend.
                      B&O still sells these receiver 1’s.
                      The question is whether these receivers work with BL5’s and directly to let’s say a Harmony, Eclipse or Theatre with Wisa. I know that the BL5 needs the powerlink data to start. Otherwise they switch on but you will have no sound.
                      Are there different revisions made?

MisterBG
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 1
                        • Total Posts 6

@Guy,

Thanks. My BL5 are indeed in the same room as my Moment.

I have plenty of other BL (1, 3, 4000 + A9) eager to go wireless if possible but my priority goes to the BL5 should i had to make a choice !

MisterBG
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 1
                          • Total Posts 6

@beobuddy

i am not sure to understand your last question i am afraid… ,-(

Beobuddy
                          GOLD Member
                            • Topics Started 5
                            • Total Posts 84

The Workaround shows that you can use a RJ to RCA cable to provide the Line In with music.
                            It’s a pity that the BL5’s doesn’t have autosensing in comparison with for instance the BL4/6/8000’s etc. With the BL5’s you still need to switch them on manually with a ir-remote. That’s a bit awkward when you control the latest tv’s and soundbars with a Bluetooth remote 1.

If I remember correctly the Wisa speakers transmit also their id’s with the signal. So, wouldn’t it be possible to also send some data with the signal to provide the BL5’s?
                            Can’t be that difficult I think?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.