Beosound Core

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    N0nl1near
    BRONZE Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to connect multiple inputs to my Beosound Core (e.g.: an Apple Airport Express having a 3.5 jack and the TV having a mini-optical). The input on the Beosound Core is only one but I was wondering whether there are adapters or other methods I can use to get this issue resolved.

Thank you very much for your help!

Tignum
      BRONZE Member
        • Netherlands

Hi N0nl1near,

The Core has Apple airplay, so maybe no need to connect the Airport Express? The ‘1 x Line-in (analogue & digital combo) with sensing’ is then free for your TV.

Johan

N0nl1near
        BRONZE Member

Hi Johan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I considered it but wanted still to try whether I can get a better sound quality instead of using the AirPlay2 using directly the phone connected to a DAC and then through a cable to the Core.

Do you see a chance to do it without having to connect/disconnect the cable behind the Core?

Thanks a lot for the kind feedback!

Tignum
          BRONZE Member
            • Netherlands

Maybe with a DAC that has multiple inputs? I don’t know if that exists.

Tignum
            BRONZE Member
              • Netherlands

An elegant way to introduce a second source would be through an additional BeoLink product with a Line-in connection.

BeoMatthew
              BRONZE Member

Commonly available source switchers are analog affairs, which means that you’d need to insert DACs into the signal chain and immediately lose any potential improvement over the BeoSound Core’s internal DAC from the AirPort Express.

If you were connecting a turntable and a CD player you’d have an easier time of it.

Now that being said, you’re not going to beat the DAC in the BeoSound Core as far as I’m concerned. I’ve connected my BeoLab 20s to an NAD M10 and a Naim Uniti Atom and the Core whooped them both handily using AirPlay 2 as one of the test inputs.

I’d connect your TV and enjoy the AirPlay 2 natively.

ebnrob
                BRONZE Member
                  • UK

Hello everyone, I would like to connect multiple inputs to my Beosound Core (e.g.: an Apple Airport Express having a 3.5 jack and the TV having a mini-optical). The input on the Beosound Core is only one but I was wondering whether there are adapters or other methods I can use to get this issue resolved. Thank you very much for your help!

I have wanted an adapter like this for the core too. The optical is a separate input to the analogue line in but they unfortunately share the same 3.5mm jack. I don’t think such an adapter exists though.

Beo911
                  BRONZE Member

Anybody heard about a new/updated core supposed to arrive in Q1 2023? Features?

LeMirage
                    BRONZE Member

Probably asked here in the past, but wouldn’t a Mozart based Core make the moste sense?

(With some kind of nice looking designed small control panel with the obliged favourite buttons)

Jaffrey
                      BRONZE Member

I use two Beosound Core with Eclipse Remotes with both connected to a TV that is also connected with Apple TV. My connections are:

1. Apple TV 4K connected via HDMI to TV,

2. Optical out from TV to Core

3. Apple TV Remote controls TV and Eclipse Remote controls audio.

I also use AirPlay 2 and the B&O App. Including the Cores I have 6 other B&O systems that work with the App or my phone.

My system works well for my needs. You can try an optical in splitter and see if that works for you. You can find them on Amazon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.