Beosound century from AirPlay 2

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beosound century from AirPlay 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alele
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 2

Hi,

Some time ago I inherited a beosound century from my grandfather after he passed, I have it connected to a Sony vinyl player as of now and use to play records. Now I’ve had this idea for some time that it would be neat if there was a way to connect something to the beosound century so I can play music from my phone via airplay. I’ve done some googling but haven’t found anything. Does anyone on here have a similar solution?

best regards

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

2nd hand Apple AirPort Express

If you do go for this option (which I recommend if you are an Apple user) make sure that you go for the latest A1392 version as the latest firmware update gave it AirPlay 2 (rather than just Airplay).  I use one with my BeoSound 1 (FM/CD).

You’d need a cable like this to connect to the Century: https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/67-298-minijack-to-aux-in-ipod-to-beosound-beomaster-beocenter-using-aux-din-socket.html#/2-length-1m

Fod
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 5

‘Stream Airplay 2 to a BS Century’….wouldn’t that be (even) more correct? Despite the fact that a Playmaker only supports AP – the op did not ask for multiroom – I’d recommend the Playmaker…..if he can get one in his area. This way he’d have both Airplay and a line-in port (with autosense) for the turntable….no fiddling with cables and/or switches. MM

Sorry for asking a possibly stupid question – but how would the Playmaker connect to the original poster’s Beosound Century? Does the Playmaker have a line-out as well?

Jakob

Fod
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 5

‘Stream Airplay 2 to a BS Century’….wouldn’t that be (even) more correct? Despite the fact that a Playmaker only supports AP – the op did not ask for multiroom – I’d recommend the Playmaker…..if he can get one in his area. This way he’d have both Airplay and a line-in port (with autosense) for the turntable….no fiddling with cables and/or switches. MM

Sorry for asking a possibly stupid question – but how would the Playmaker connect to the original poster’s Beosound Century? Does the Playmaker have a line-out as well?

Jakob

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark
              • Topics Started 27
              • Total Posts 806

You can use a PL output from the Playmaker with a RJ45 PL to DIN 5 pin male on Century/Aux.
              If set to ‘fixed line output’, you are ready to go.
              All volume control via the Century.

IMG_0899

Since the Playmaker probably is in the same room as the Century, it is recommended to set it/the playmaker to Option 0 to avoid ir control conflicts.

IMG_0900

MM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds