BeoSound 3000 – Type Numbers

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound BeoSound 3000 – Type Numbers

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    gerard
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 11

Hi everybody,

does a type list exist, explaining the differences between types of the BS3000 ?

Is Type 2671 ok, or should it be avoided as it seems to be the first type for BS3000.

Thank’s for your help

gerard

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 15
        • Total Posts 1,355

As far as I know (from the Service Manual) type numbers simply relate to the country of use (and corresponding supply voltage):

gerard
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 11

@Guy

Thank’s for the response,

in an older post I red to avoid BS3000 with small clamper. HERE

As it is possible to change / upgrade older BS3000 with the newer clamper, how can I know that it’s an original big clamper BS3000?

The BS3000 Service Manual I found online lists the same Types as your list. But the replacement piece 9007 (cover for clamper) is the small one.

Did the Type number change when the BS3000 was upgraded with the new clamper?

And why should the smaler ones be avoided?

Serial Number 16919… with type 2671 would it be a good value?

XavierItzmann
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 24
            • Total Posts 163

Going from memory here.  I’ve owned a BeoCenter 2300 (purchased in 1997), replaced with a BeoSound 3000 about a decade later.  They both look and operate the same, except the BC2300 had the small clamper and I think the BS3000 has superior Master Link capabilities.  I used to know these things but have forgotten.

When my beloved BC2300 started skipping tracks, I could have gotten it fixed but I seem to recall that commenters on this forum may have mentioned the design with the small clamper wasn’t optimal, and so eventually it would fail again.  Mind you, I think the clamper was not the issue, but rather, the laser! —the machines with the small clamper had a curved track for the laser, whereas the machines with the big clamper had a straight track.  Since I was very much into my Master Link network at the time, I opted to replace, rather than repair.

There is a certain mechanical honesty in displaying the disc spin beneath the small clamper; the aesthetics are far superior to that of the big clamper when the disc is playing.  I was starkly reminded of this when a BeoCenter 2500 appeared in a recent 007 movie —the BC2500 more or less the same machine as BC2300, with the small clamper, but also with a cassette player.

My BS3000 with the big clamper has yet to fail in any way, but frankly, my old BC2300 got far, far more CD playing hours in that decade or so than my BS3000 has in the decade-and-half since, so the jury is still out!

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 15
              • Total Posts 1,355

Did I read somewhere that the ‘small clamper’ was abandoned because it exposed most of the spinning disc, thus flashing light reflections from the surface (depending on CD artwork), and therefore risks triggering epileptic fits?  I can only have read this on Beoworld or in Tim Jarman’s book!

matador
                • Paris France
                • Topics Started 49
                • Total Posts 747

Is Type 2671 ok, or should it be avoided as it seems to be the first type for BS3000.

This is to be confirmed by a more expert member but, I have and have seen many, many Beosound 3000 with fried eprom or IC or whatever is called that chip. It dies and your Beosound just become a brick with a red dot, doors that open and close and thats it.

Most of them (and mine) had the small clamper but I dont know if it’s really related to this.
                A guy nearby claims to sell eeproms for repair but I wont play with this.

Mine was pristine and now houses the guts of a Beocenter 2300. Happily!

matador
                  • Paris France
                  • Topics Started 49
                  • Total Posts 747

the machines with the small clamper had a curved track for the laser, whereas the machines with the big clamper had a straight track.

I believe that the curved tracks laser mechanisms are more reliable.
                  In all cases a deep cleaning of the eye (lens up, lens down and mirror) should bring back your laser far more often we believe. I’ve cleaned last month the one I took out of a BS9000 MK2 three years ago an it is now spinning perfectly well.

matador
                    • Paris France
                    • Topics Started 49
                    • Total Posts 747

thus flashing light reflections from the surface (depending on CD artwork), and therefore risks triggering epileptic fits?

I think I’ve read somewhere that it was for safety reasons because the spinning disc was too exposed to Beochild fingers.

Guy
                      • Warwickshire, UK
                      • Topics Started 15
                      • Total Posts 1,355

If you look at the service manuals on the site, then the one for the BS3000 shows the small clamper, and then one for the BS3200 shows the large clamper.

Comparing part numbers between the two schematics, the only new part number is the ‘cover f/clamper’. (9007 in the diagrams below)

BS3000:

BS3200:

EDIT:  And there’s a thread here where Joeyboygolf confirms that they are interchangeable:  https://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/t/9900.aspx

matador
                        • Paris France
                        • Topics Started 49
                        • Total Posts 747

The small clamper version is shinny and the big clamper is mat.

EDIT: unless you replace the whole fascia, sorry.

Carolpa
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 6
                          • Total Posts 258

bs3000bs3000type

Guy
                            • Warwickshire, UK
                            • Topics Started 15
                            • Total Posts 1,355

I would look for a later software version (or latest SW, like Carolpa’s) if I was looking for a BS3000, rather than worrying about clamper size. Obviously the earlier ‘small clamper’ versions are more likely to have earlier software, unless they have been updated.

If you search BS3000 on UK eBay they often show photos of the labels so you can get a good idea of Type Numbers, SW versions and clamper size.

Carolpa
                            BRONZE Member
                              • Topics Started 6
                              • Total Posts 258

I would look for a later software version (or latest SW, like Carolpa’s) if I was looking for a BS3000, rather than worrying about clamper size. Obviously the earlier ‘small clamper’ versions are more likely to have earlier software, unless they have been updated. If you search BS3000 on UK eBay they often show photos of the labels so you can get a good idea of Type Numbers, SW versions and clamper size.

I bought it then for two reasons 1) option 5 & 6 available and 2) N.Music & N.Radio accessible.
                              ter info: now it is integrated in NL through a BLC.

Guy
                                • Warwickshire, UK
                                • Topics Started 15
                                • Total Posts 1,355

The small clamper version is shinny and the big clamper is mat.

EDIT: unless you replace the whole fascia, sorry.

With this:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284633589979

Millemissen
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Flensborg————Danmark
                                  • Topics Started 24
                                  • Total Posts 1,084

I would look for a later software version (or latest SW, like Carolpa’s) if I was looking for a BS3000, rather than worrying about clamper size. Obviously the earlier ‘small clamper’ versions are more likely to have earlier software, unless they have been updated. If you search BS3000 on UK eBay they often show photos of the labels so you can get a good idea of Type Numbers, SW versions and clamper size.

I bought it then for two reasons 1) option 5 & 6 available and 2) N.Music & N.Radio accessible. ter info: now it is integrated in NL through a BLC.

That is what I would buy…..if I needed yet another ML audiomaster ?

MM

gerard
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • Topics Started 4
                                    • Total Posts 11

Are the software versions and their differences listed somewhere?

I’m offered a BS3000 with identical Type and Item numbers then Carolpa only Sw and Serial are different:

carolpa Sw 3.4 and 1761… serual.

mine: SW 3.1 and 1691… serial

Only 1 year difference and 3 SW versions is that right?

And what about changing the SW chip?

gerard
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • Topics Started 4
                                      • Total Posts 11
                                      1. I have got the BS3000 now and it looks very nice.

The FM Antenna is missing, does somebody know where to source one?

EDIT:

This is realy of topic here, so I will start a new topic for the antenna.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.