Beosound 1 cd problem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

My Beosound 1 cd player stpped working, so I thought it was the laser. I replaced it with the same one (VAU1255), but nothing changed. When choosing CD mode, you hear a hum, the the CD spins once then you hear another hum, another CD spin and the CD pocket opens. I tried running test mode, there were no errors and the commands TM61-68 doesnt respond (autofocus on/off, starts/stops motor, move laser in/out and so on). What can be the issue?

Here a short film with the issue (turn the volume up):

Greetings Lucas

Guy
    BRONZE Member
      • Warwickshire, UK

Mine does exactly that but only for some CDs, so I put up with it! I found it works best with older CDs from my collection, for some reason. Have you tried a variety of CDs? Was a CD inserted when you ran test mode (I think it should be).

An un-educated guess would be problems with capacitors on the servo board – this it what causes similar disc-reading problems in other B&O CD players. Hopefully someone with Beosound 1 experience will be able to help further.

The service manual isn’t much help as it just recommends board replacement!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.