Beoremote One and Apple TV4k

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beoremote One and Apple TV4k

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JPurvis
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 6

Hi all, sorry if this has been covered before but I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the control centre option on the Apple TV4K from the Beoremote One? Pressing and holding the green button doesn’t work, and not sure how to replicate the TV button on the Apple TV which is used to access it? Would love to be able to use the options for the Homekit from the TV with the Beoremote. Anyone managed this? Thanks in advance.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 1,045

It should not be that hard to update the PUC.

Come on B&O!

MM

Hiort
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 15
          • Total Posts 145

To my knowledge there is no possibility to access control centre using BRone. Would love that feature though.

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,239

This seems related to an earlier problem:  The older Beo4 PUC IR STB controller was unable to open the Apple TV Control Centre because there was no way of ‘pressing and holding the TV button’.  The PUC table in my BV10-32 is however quite old, and I can’t remember if this was fixed in later releases (maybe in conjunction with Beo4 Navi, which I don’t use).

It’s especially frustrating since Apple have just added extra functionality to the Control Center with tvOS17.

martinRK
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 0
              • Total Posts 14

It is possible to access the control center from a BROne with this workaround:

I use ATV4K Connected to a BV7-55 and have it controlled with the BROne with PUC as a “Beo4” product.

I have also connected the BROne directly to the ATV 4K through BT so I have the ATV as a BT source in the Remote as well.

I switch to the ATV with the BROne in “Beo4” mode. ATV is mapped to a MyButton

Then I change source via List on BROne to ATV4 (BT), and I can use the INFO button as TV/Controlcenter (long press will open controlcenter), and the MENU button as Back button

martinRK
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 14

@JPurvis – Have you tried the workaround that I I described above ?

martinRK
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 14

Yes, it is not possible without a BROne version with BT.

Now you have a reason for getting some new toys?

JPurvis
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Total Posts 6

Hey, thanks so much for the suggestion and I started trying but then got confused am sorry to say (my own failing). I think it might be that I have a first generation BROne which doesn’t have BT?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beoremote One and Apple TV4k

• You must be logged in to create new topics.