Beoplay A3

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    XavierItzmann
      • Topics Started 31
      • Total Posts 130

On eBay, ensure you get Apple original adapters.  I finished the mod using the original compact Apple adapter A1468 (which can also be found as a MD823AM/A but it may be easier to find it as A1468).

I do not recommend getting an MD824AM/A cable adapter.  I also got one and it works but doesn’t facilitate the installation of the iPad.

Adapters not made by Apple will not have the necessary Digital-to-analog circuitry and this is why these other adapters only charge the iPad but are unable to convey sound.

For detailed instructions on installing a modern iPad, see this link.

XavierItzmann
        • Topics Started 31
        • Total Posts 130

Thank you matador for posting the photo.  B&O online service had earlier replied that «there is no software update available for Beoplay A3», implying that my version 1.0.0.0 is the current one, which as we knew was false.

So when I, at the time, sent the photo in my reply to B&O, their answer was rather more open: «Unfortunately, the Server to which the BeoSetup app is trying to connect is no longer available, and we do not have any alternative option to upgrade the product. Therefore, we are sorry to inform you that we are not able to provide any solution to upgrade the product.»

I thanked the fellow for his frankness.  It happens, especially for companies that have gone through crises or that have relied on external agencies for software development, that server address control can be irretrievably lost.  Hopefully B&O has now matured beyond these sorts of risks.

Truth be told, the device has now been in continuous operation for weeks (always on) and I have no complains about v. 1.0.0.0

Photo

matador
          • Paris France
          • Topics Started 48
          • Total Posts 689

It would be interesting to investigate that RJ45 socket inside the A3 and see how/what for it could be hijacked.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds