Beomaster 1900-1 stand-by fault [solved]

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Beomaster 1900-1 stand-by fault [solved]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    chartz
    GOLD Member
      • Burgundy
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 232

Hi,

I have this curious fault. The Beomaster 1900 switches on as it should, with any source button, , everything works just fine. FM works too.

Trouble is, when I want to switch it off, the lights come out, except that the 31 V never switches off, and obviously the volume lights, the tone control and balance lights don’t go out. The amp never really switches off.
      Shorting TR25 activates standby as expected. How can I test IC6?

Cheers,

Jacques

chartz
      GOLD Member
        • Burgundy
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 232

I cracked it – TR25 was bad after all, but is still fine on the bench, statically. I had it in the drawer, a BC172B.

Good on the tester then but bad under pressure. I just shorted EC and found out the Beomaster switched off doing that.
        I hate that kind of fault! A transistor is dead but it wants to live when tested with low voltage…

The BM1900 now switches off normally, and as suspected IC6 is good (it measured so).

Thanks for looking.

Jacques

mexking
        BRONZE Member
          • Mexico city
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 73

Good find Jacques

sonavor
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 0
            • Total Posts 64

Yes, nice work Jacques.

chartz
            GOLD Member
              • Burgundy
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 232

Thanks ?

chartz
              GOLD Member
                • Burgundy
                • Topics Started 3
                • Total Posts 232

Remember guys when we posted all those repair threads back in the day?

Have people just lost interest?

sonavor
                BRONZE Member
                  • Topics Started 0
                  • Total Posts 64

Hi Jacques,
                  Yes, I learned a ton from you and the other Workbench regulars.  I owe you guys a big thanks.  With Martin guiding us when necessary we accomplished and learned a lot.

I still do a lot of restorations but on a blog now.  For me it allows for a better structuring of the restoration story and the presentation has better media (photo) options.

I think that restorations have increased now.  Martin’s Beoparts store has some really great parts a DIY restorer can find and use so I think there is a lot going on.

John

matador
                    • Paris France
                    • Topics Started 49
                    • Total Posts 747

Have people just lost interest?

Hi, Jacques.

I think they haven’t, at least in having their stuff getting up and working.

But I feel like people have lost interest in sharing. Lot of valuable, inspiring, and knowledgeable members have left the building and the effect on the whole beoworld community is obvious for anyone here more than two/three years like me.

Some new members try to keep things working but there is an obvious gap with the past and the energy is lost. We mostly share “tips and tricks” than real throughout procedures like in the past. We simply are not that old guard, far from it.

I also think (and I can understand) that some people want to “repair” and other want to “restore” leading in misunderstandings and “fights” (i.e. querelles) about things like purity, originality, good repairs and dirty ones, original parts and bad ones, prices vs love and good or bad way of doing things. Reading back post from the first forum and others from the late BWII shows clearly this.

I find it really sad even if until now I’ve always found what I needed. But with that strange feeling to be a “leecher” more than a “member”.

M.

Dillen
                      • Topics Started 3
                      • Total Posts 621

I’m still here, but far from as active as previously.
                      Others have left altogether and found other places.

This thread is perhaps not the best place to discuss it, but I have my reasons for now visiting merely a couple of times weekly rather than a couple of times hourly.
                      I can only imagine, that other members, be that  “surviving” or previous, have their reasons as well. Perhaps some or all of the reasons are the same.

And I don’t think it has anything to do with the “misunderstandings” mentioned above, really. They merely stirred things up a bit and added energy to the forum life.
                      But I agree, they seem to have gone as well.

Martin

chartz
                      GOLD Member
                        • Burgundy
                        • Topics Started 3
                        • Total Posts 232

Hi,

Usual stuff… done ?

This 1900 type 2903 is not the most cleanly executed, as regards PCB. Lots of solders still had a lot of flux around. The later 1900-2 was much cleaner. Looks original too. Someone had indeed been there before but wasn’t up to fixing it (as usual, touch panel not correctly mounted, etc).

FDD4FECE-6E8B-4541-8F99-1C6364D8D43A

Now looking for someone to veneer the trims. The previous owner just removed it from the front, advertising it as mint ?

346CB441-DF2B-4FC0-89EF-1A6C4B09BA9A

Unless someone here has new or mint ones, that is!

Martin, how come you haven’t come up with a re-veneering service yet? ?

Edit: is that why there are so many white ones? ?

Jacques

chartz
                        GOLD Member
                          • Burgundy
                          • Topics Started 3
                          • Total Posts 232
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.