Beomaster 1200 – surprising survivor

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beomaster 1200 – surprising survivor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ninni
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 23

I was going to restore this Beomaster 1200, which I won at an auction around ten years ago but never got around to take on. Actually, I never even fired it up, until now.
      Anyway, yesterday I connected it with a 40W lightbulb in series and switched it on, by pressing on the P3 button. To my surprise, after a second, the SR P3 programme emanated from the connected Beovox CX-50 with excellent sound quality! And all lamps worked! Pressing P1 and P2 got other stations from the speakers. Obviously, the preset tunings from the previous owner were still correct!

Connecting my phone to the tape input got me music with good sound quality. Not even the sliders were scratchy!
      I was expecting to recap this unit and possibly do other necessary work too. But it works so well, as is. Even FM stereo works fine. A little noisy when the station isn’t strong but otherwise excellent sound.
      I haven’t got any reception on the MW and LW bands but maybe that’s because I haven’t connected an antenna for it.

The large radio tuning slider is a bit loose because the middle fine adjustment wheel is missing. But it still works for tuning in radio stations.

astro
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 7

Wow, congratulations! Its so pretty! Do you get good reception even without antenna?

cheers, astro

Ninni
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 23

I did add a simple FM antenna to get better reception. Just two wires out of the plug. The other bands require another antenna, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Beomaster 1200 – surprising survivor

• You must be logged in to create new topics.