Beolink Passive – Powerlink Socket

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Beolink Passive – Powerlink Socket

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ajames
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 9
      • Total Posts 41

I have several Beolink Passives in a Beolink setup.

What I need to know that the manual doesn’t say, is if the PowerLink socket provides the 5V switching current – I need this for a bespoke application. The manual just states it is not to be used for powerlink speakers – I think it is used if you want use it as just an amplifier and accepts the 5V switching signal, but does if it is used as a Beolink product does it give out a 5V signal. I can test with a meter but wanted to know beforehand as the units are at another house.

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,239

Looking at the circuit diagram, the answer is no.

There is a permanent 5v at pin 6 of the IR socket, if that’s any use?

ajames
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 9
          • Total Posts 41

Thanks Guy, yes that answers the question – I needed a switched 5V supply.

I suppose I could use a Beolink Active with a powerlink to the Active and a splitter but that wouldn’t save me reducing the number of units in standby.

Thanks again.

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,239

I suppose I could use a Beolink Active with a powerlink to the Active (presume you mean Passive? – Guy) and a splitter but that wouldn’t save me reducing the number of units in standby.

But the BL Active will not actually produce a 5V output until it is turned on using its own IR input, so I am not sure that would work. Perhaps you could use a 5v trigger from the source audiomaster/videomaster?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLink Beolink Passive – Powerlink Socket

• You must be logged in to create new topics.