Beolab 3500 switchoff at mcl mode

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 3500 switchoff at mcl mode

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ChristianSanden
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 6

I have to beolab 3500 which has been in a solution with masterlink. Now I would like to use the mcl connection. When I switch over with remotecontroll ( menu-0-4-go) the display view ”mcl sel.” for about 1-2 sec. Then it tourn off… Both 3500 work the same way. I have so fare not connect anything to mcl input.
      Any idea what to do?

/Christian

Madskp
      GOLD Member
        • Denmark
        • Topics Started 35
        • Total Posts 833

Menu 0 4 go is only a service mode that will open the input for sound. No controls can be used in this service mode, and all button presses will go to standby.

But if you wan’t to use it in an MCL setup you csn use Menu, 0, 9, go and switch ML to of with the up and down arrows on the remote.

If it because you want to use it as a stand alone speaker I suggest you take a look in this thread

https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/bl3500-and-the-mcl-pl-connector/

or this post

https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/beolab-3500-and-1611-converter-settings/page/4/#post-14017

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 35
          • Total Posts 833

I can say for sure that no trigger signal or special cable is needed for the Menu, 0, 4, go mode to work.

If I understand your first post correctly the BL3500 will just go to standby a few seconds after pressing the key combination? Or are you touching any buttons on the BL3500 or the remote?

ChristianSanden
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 6

Correct – goes to standby after a few seconds. No buttons on remote or 3500 touched.

Madskp
            GOLD Member
              • Denmark
              • Topics Started 35
              • Total Posts 833

Ok that sounds strange, especially when you have two units with the same behaviour.

On thing that comes to mind is if anything is emitting IR signals. Do you have any other B&O equipment in the room?

Or maybe a lamp that emmits light in the same frequency spectrum. Have you tried with all lams turned off?

ChristianSanden
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 6

Thanks for the ideas. No lights or ir signals what I know. I can see that the 3500 seems to shut off if I select radio or tv or someels input after a short while. So maybe some generell problem on my system… not just when I try to choose mcl input

Madskp
                GOLD Member
                  • Denmark
                  • Topics Started 35
                  • Total Posts 833

I can see that the 3500 seems to shut off if I select radio or tv or someels input after a short while. So maybe some generell problem on my system… not just when I try to choose mcl input

Yes, sound like something is forcing it to go to standby.

One thing you could test if you want to do a little disassembly is to remove the speaker freets and the unscrew the plastic cover in front of the display. There are a touch buttons for timer and mute/standby, and maybe the standby button could be the culprit

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                    • Topics Started 53
                    • Total Posts 368

Hi,

In MCL mode the speaker will turn off if you press any button on the remote. The simple way to use the speaker with a portable music player or streamer is to set the speaker to MCL mode and then put the B&O remote away, as the phone or iPad will be used for volume control.

No special trigger is needed for this setup.  Turning off the ML input via test mode 9 as outlined above is another option, but this is a bit more complicated to do.

This setup is very popular and it has brought a new lease of life to hundreds of 3500 speakers over the past decade!

Kind regards Steve.

ChristianSanden
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 1
                      • Total Posts 6

Thanks for all of your input. As you write Steve thats my purpose to make this work as you describe it. But something, I guess a setup, make both my 3500 to switch off within a few seconds after set mode to ”mcl”. This without touching anything. And if I chosse radio/tv etc it also switch off… The same for booth 3500 with 2 different beo4 remotes…

Madskp
                      GOLD Member
                        • Denmark
                        • Topics Started 35
                        • Total Posts 833

I just tried it on my own BL3500 just to see if I could replicate this behaviour, but it just stays on when CD; radio etc. are choosen, and it also stays on in the MCL mode until I press a button.

A long shot could you cehck the software version of the speaker by pressing Menu, 0, 0, go?

ChristianSanden
                        BRONZE Member
                          • Topics Started 1
                          • Total Posts 6

Problem to see the version at one of the 3500… Was justed displayed for some milliseconds… But the other showed me ver 1.1

/Christian

ChristianSanden
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 1
                            • Total Posts 6

Thanks for your advise.

Someone who test ”soundsheavenlys” cable for beolab 3500 which uses mcl input? Seems to be one of their big selling cable. Noticed on theirs ( Steves) video that ”mcl set” Not disapear which it does for me. A trigger signal provided by the cable/beolab?
                            Have seen other videos that not have a cable connected and the ”mcl set” is left for a long time. So a setup? or what…

/Christian

Madskp
                            GOLD Member
                              • Denmark
                              • Topics Started 35
                              • Total Posts 833

Problem to see the version at one of the 3500… Was justed displayed for some milliseconds… But the other showed me ver 1.1

This is one of the early software versions, and could have some issues, but the fact the fact that the speakers can’t do those simple things without going to standby sound like some kind of hardware fault.

Just to be sure, do you have any other B&O Masterlink equipment you could try to connect to them to test if they will work in a Masterlink setup?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Beolab 3500 switchoff at mcl mode

• You must be logged in to create new topics.