Home › Forums › Product Discussion & Questions › BeoLab › Beolab 3500 – no sign of life
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago by
Skyler Clooney.
-
AuthorPosts
-
10 September 2026 at 14:17 #125491
Jonny Clerk
BRONZE MemberHi,
I ordered a Beolab 3500 off of Ebay and it arrived today. I have also ordered a B4 remote and Beolink 1611 which should arrive in a couple of days but in the meantime I wanted to try connecting the 3500 to the mains supply via a IEC C7 socket just to make sure it receives power but nothing happens, nothing lights up, and the screen remains black.
I thought there would be a stand bye light that illuminates when the unit is plugged into the electricity.
Do I need the remote or the 1611 for anything to light up? Or is the unit dead?
thanks for the help, it is my first time with B&O equipment.
11 September 2026 at 10:10 #125502 GuyModeratorHi Jonny and welcome to Beoworld!
Even with nothing else connected, you should get at least a stand-by light, and the Timer light should come on also when you press the Timer button.
I assume that the C7 lead has been checked with something else to prove the fuse in the plug is OK (if in UK), and that the C7 connector is pushed fully into the socket?
Location: Warwickshire, UK
My B&O Icons:
11 September 2026 at 11:23 #125503Jonny Clerk
BRONZE MemberHi Guy,
I have tried three different c7 leads which all work on other devices. I have also pushed in the cable as far as humanly possible. I tried pressing the timer and mute buttons repeatedly and also holding them down for prolonged periods of time (up to 20 seconds) with absolutely no results. Is there anything else I could try or is the unit essentially dead?
thanks
11 September 2026 at 17:25 #125512 GuyModeratorIt sounds like the unit is faulty. It could be worth going back to the seller to ask for a refund.
Location: Warwickshire, UK
My B&O Icons:
15 September 2026 at 04:29 #125553Skyler Clooney
BRONZE Member@Stickman Hook Has anyone had a Beolab 3500 show absolutely no signs of life when connected directly to mains, and does it need the B4 remote or Beolink 1611 before the display or standby light comes on?
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by
Skyler Clooney.
-
This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.










